Packers To Hire Matt LaFleur As HC

Great news! People wanted a young innovator who would do things differently than MM, this is your guy. Not a retread. Good news that he’s keeping Pettine, now our guys get to build on what they accomplished and move forward. Coaches that favor one side or the other often fail because they don’t hire well for the opposite coordinator.

I’m excited to see where this team goes from here. The good news is that our team was incredibly dysfunctional and we still won basically 7 games, so solving the dysfunction and were right back in the playoff hunt. MFer is going to have some tools to work with!

I'm on board. Pettine retained is a definite bonus. I can't imagine bridging Rodgers window with long term stability is easy, but it seems like this hire has both in mind. Wish I could help with Zook's departure.

Seems many pro personal people like this hire. I agree he is young with fresh idea's. Comes from the hot McVey coaching tree. So if he can bring that style of offense to GB it will be fine. Seems fans though are the fools. Bashing this pick because of what he did only last year in Tenn. Well guess what Tenn was in it's first year of a new HC with new system can't just turn things around in a day. Swear sometimes fans think that good coaches only come from a SB winning team.

Seems many pro personal people like this hire. I agree he is young with fresh idea's. Comes from the hot McVey coaching tree. So if he can bring that style of offense to GB it will be fine. Seems fans though are the fools. Bashing this pick because of what he did only last year in Tenn. Well guess what Tenn was in it's first year of a new HC with new system can't just turn things around in a day. Swear sometimes fans think that good coaches only come from a SB winning team.

Well a bunch of the people out on the web bitching are doing so based off of 2 reporters saying the whole defensive staff stays, we have yet to hear that from the new HC so they should relax a little. This isn't a 1 year fix and we all know it. We have to undue what TT/MM fouled up. Best thing is to move forward and get this thing rolling !

Well a bunch of the people out on the web bitching are doing so based off of 2 reporters saying the whole defensive staff stays, we have yet to hear that from the new HC so they should relax a little. This isn't a 1 year fix and we all know it. We have to undue what TT/MM fouled up. Best thing is to move forward and get this thing rolling !
I admit I won't be thrilled if reports are true D staff is staying as I thought that was something that did take a step back last year and would have liked to seen the entire staff dismissed.

Also remember MM kept Jim Bates’ whole staff for two years until he mandated the switch to a 3-4 with Capers after the ‘08 season. So LaFleur may keep Pettine for continuity for now, and he may actually let Pettine pick his own staff, which MM did not allow.

Also I’m calling it right now, I can’t keep doing the double upper cases in his name, so we have two options for abbreviations: LF or, if you want to be more traditional, ML.

What says the board?

Also I’m calling it right now, I can’t keep doing the double upper cases in his name, so we have two options for abbreviations: LF or, if you want to be more traditional, ML.

What says the board?
The much thinner coach? LOL

New Packers coach Matt LaFleur will travel to Green Bay later today and is expected to be formally introduced tomorrow at Lambeau Field.

Back