Packers/Titans post game thread part 2

Hundley is the preseason hall of fame QB. He looks great in preseason, but under the bright lights of starting, he melts under the pressure.

Kizer started 15 games and was just meh... meh is better then run like hell and chuck the ball away. I'm in the Rodgers/Kizer/Boyle camp. Cut Hundley lose already.

my favorite play of the game:

how do you cut this guy? not only is he tall and fast, but he's big and strong. i don't know where he's at with the route tree, but he sure looks like a nfl receiver to me.

It’s tough to tell in one game. Jake didn’t get a lot done against the first and second string TN put out there, but that was also when Hundley and Kizer were playing so they could’ve been part of the issue. We just need to see more.

Frustrating as it is, I think it’s why MM puts as much emphasis on the quality of their practice reps as their exhibition game reps.

I saw several players on offense and defense that may have helped their chances of making the Packer roster, and getting some playing time. Scantling, Kumerow, Gilbert, Kizer, Jackson, and Boyle. There were others, but these guys did a few things that were special.

The problem is, at least two of them, Kumerow and Boyle, will never make the team, even if they proved they were amazing players. Kizer probably won't either. I believe McCarthy has already set it in his mind as to who stays and goes. It would take a hurclean effort to change his mind. That's one of his biggest problems.

The thought that we could stash Boyle and Kumerow on the practice squad would be wild speculation. Those two may well be snapped up the moment they hit free agency.

I saw several players on offense and defense that may have helped their chances of making the Packer roster, and getting some playing time. Scantling, Kumerow, Gilbert, Kizer, Jackson, and Boyle. There were others, but these guys did a few things that were special.

The problem is, at least two of them, Kumerow and Boyle, will never make the team, even if they proved they were amazing players. Kizer probably won't either. I believe McCarthy has already set it in his mind as to who stays and goes. It would take a hurclean effort to change his mind. That's one of his biggest problems.

The thought that we could stash Boyle and Kumerow on the practice squad would be wild speculation. Those two may well be snapped up the moment they hit free agency.

Gutey will not allow MM to cut Kizer. Not after he gave up Randall in a trade to get him. The guy who chews gum like a cow is going to be cut after the team learns that no matter how much they try to showcase him no team will place any value on him. Also I am not sure Kumerow has any PS time left guy has been on PS for last 3 years he might have used up all his egilbity to be on one.

Gutey will not allow MM to cut Kizer. Not after he gave up Randall in a trade to get him. The guy who chews gum like a cow is going to be cut after the team learns that no matter how much they try to showcase him no team will place any value on him. Also I am not sure Kumerow has any PS time left guy has been on PS for last 3 years he might have used up all his egilbity to be on one.

Gutey confirmed Wednesday Kumerow has a year of PS eligibility remaining, remember those rules changed last year.

No way Kumerow makes it thru waivers. Boyle won't either if he keeps playing like this. Gutey would be a moron if he did not keep both. If they continue to perform. All speculation until after the 3rd preseason game.

Back