Packers signing Jaylon Smith

Another point..big one. If you did your damn homework as a GM and staff your depth should fill the LB and corner spots during injury. The fact they are shopping this hard shows they had jack in depth...zip..nothing

Plus, Gutey has to look like he can do his job without AR making personnel acquisition recommendations...... sc))

Yeah, he hasn't been good for a while (since the 2019 season). Don't let last year's tackle totals fool you, the Cowboys run defense was absolute garbage (31st in yards and 30th in YPC) in no small part because of him. The upside is that he's still only 26, and he lost his job more because Micah Parsons is a beast as opposed to him being cooked physically.
The athleticism is still kinda there, so hopefully playing with Campbell/Barnes they don't have to put too much on his plate. All indicators say he's a hard worker. 1 yr kick the tires deal, meh.

Smith’s contract has no offsets so he basically double dipping. No cap credit or relief for Dallas

Smith’s contract has no offsets so he basically double dipping. No cap credit or relief for Dallas
Wow makes me wonder what he did sign for in GB did they release that number?

Meh, I'm fine with the signing. He's not the player he once was but he's likely better than Summers or Burks. From that perspective it's a fine signing. At least they're trying. He doesn't fix their growing problem at OLB/Pass rusher but hey it's an incremental improvement.

Under Ted, they'd have passed and just promoted guys from the practice squad and added some new street free agents to the PS. I doubt Smith makes much difference but I like that they're trying something different.

Back