Packers signing Jaylon Smith

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
I think it's a good signing. While not a great pass rusher he should still help plus he should help as a coverage LB and with our secondary we can get all the help we can get. Also over 2018-2020 he's had over 120 tackles each year with an average of 139 a year. This is a low risk signing as GB will likely be paying him near vet min for the rest of the season and Dallas the rest of his salary. With luck he plays good helps GB and in the offseason gets a large deal that will bring GB a comp pick back in 2023. I will say this was a good pickup by Gute because you were not going to find anything better that was currently on the street.

#Packers edge rusher Chauncey Rivers suffered a non-contact knee injury at practice yesterday, source said, and is being evaluated for a potentially significant injury. He’s slated to miss time either way and likely heads to IR to make room for Jaylon Smith today.

Rivers is ACL injury tore it on the 2nd to last play of practice.

@TomSilverstein
·
22m

Some scouts’ evaluation of ILB Jaylon Smith: Can’t run like he once did and hitch in stride is noticeable from old knee injury. He’s not going to shed or blow up blocks in run game, but can move laterally and chase, which is what #Packers probably are seeking for their 3-ILB personnel grouping. He’s a better player than Summers or Burks and they’re hoping he’ll be like De’Vondre Campbell and add experience, hustle, versatility and leadership to defense.

Wonder if they will try to get Smith any action this week just to try to get feel of defense even if it's like 10 snaps.

Another point..big one. If you did your damn homework as a GM and staff your depth should fill the LB and corner spots during injury. The fact they are shopping this hard shows they had jack in depth...zip..nothing
No doubt on that. Bringing back Kevin King shows you how little work the FO did this off-season.

To be honest, he will be an upgrade compared to what we already have on the team, based on depth. I am kind of anxious to see what he can bring to the table. We just have to realize this is a band-aid, nothing more.

To be honest, he will be an upgrade compared to what we already have on the team, based on depth. I am kind of anxious to see what he can bring to the table. We just have to realize this is a band-aid, nothing more.
Byrnes has concussion and missed last weeks game. Smith no doubt is a upgrade over Burks and Summers who pretty much are ST players only.

Back