Packers signing Jaylon Smith

Even if Smith is backup depth for rest of season with GB paying nothing for him there is zero wrong with this signing if he sucks bad you cut him no loss.

According to the contract details that NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport disclosed on Thursday afternoon, the Packers inked a one-year deal with Smith that will pay him just $770,000 over the final 13 games of the 2021 season, which is the veteran minimum for a player such as him with at least four accrued seasons.

Still strikes me as a strange signing, because I don't know what he's going to do besides ride the bench in case of injury. Then again, who knows. There's often a guy you pick up for nothing mid season that contributes in some unforeseen way, maybe Smith is that guy.

On a risk / reward scale it’s got upside but not sure how much. If he has lost a step as one scout mentioned then his best asset is taken away. For the cost worth rolling the dice.

Still strikes me as a strange signing, because I don't know what he's going to do besides ride the bench in case of injury. Then again, who knows. There's often a guy you pick up for nothing mid season that contributes in some unforeseen way, maybe Smith is that guy.
Thing is He could be better then Barnes. Barnes is nothing special to me.

Thing is He could be better then Barnes. Barnes is nothing special to me.
I cannot see Smith inside, thats really never been his strong suit, shedding blocks and filling. He is an OLB who covers

For this week though I will be shocked if he plays more then handful of snaps in the game I think maybe 10 would be high.

Back