packers remaining schedule

packers have six games remaining. how many will they win?

• one

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • three

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • four

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • five

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • six

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we need to look back at the history of NFL Champions. Let's take the losses each team had over the last 20 years, starting in 1999.

3,4,5,4,2,2,5,4,6,4,3,6,3,4,4,2,3,5. That's 82 losses. An average of 4.1 losses per year. That means that 12-4 should be enough to get you to that championship game.

To me, this means that even a great team will fall about 25% of the time. Most of those losses would be on the road. That's a given in the NFL. Even great QBs don't have their consistently best games on the road. They do it at home. The trick is to win enough games, and be on an up-tick, when the season is winding down. The 2015 Panthers had only lost one game, and lost to the Broncos who had lost 4. In 2007, The Giants lost 6 games, and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, and they were 16-0 during the season, and had two playoff wins.

As far as talent, spread between the AFC and NFC, there's no evidence that the AFC is more talented than the NFC. If anything, the NFC is dominating. The NFC is +7 against the AFC, not behind in the head-to-head competition. What we're seeing is that there are a few teams in the AFC that have proven to be ahead of their peers, and it makes them look superior to the NFC. In fact, the NFC is busy kicking the snot out of each other, showing there may be more of a spread of talent, not a lack of same.

I've always believed that the last 5 to 6 games of the season prove who you are as a team. At this point, the Packers have proven that they just may have the weapons to contend for a championship. How they do in these last six games, of which 4 are on the road. San Francisco, on the road coming back off bye. Then a road game against the Giants, home games against the Redskins, and the dreaded Bears (Anything can happen, even at Lambeau, with the Bears). Then we hit the road to both Minnesota and Detroit. Splitting those two could easily happen. The key word is "road." That 9ers game is also a "road" game.

In the NFL, the name of the game is to win. It doesn't matter by how much. A "W" is a "W," and the only ones that matter are those that you put up at the end of season on a march to a Lombardi Trophy.

The playoffs in any sport comes down to matchups. Not just individuals but scheme and how teams adjust. And not just playoffs regular season also. The reason I am pumping the breaks with this team is balance. A guy like Ramsey can control Adams and a good DL can minimize Jones. And this defense can give up chunk plays. Can they make a deep run? Sure. Can they be one and done ? Sure. With no dominate team matchups matter more.

Whats more upsetting. Beating SF and the queens and dropping to the giants or skins. Or losing to both sf and minny and winning the other 4

Whats more upsetting. Beating SF and the queens and dropping to the giants or skins. Or losing to both sf and minny and winning the other 4
Honestly depends on how games flow. Sorry to beat a dead horse but not like this is a dominant team. Very small margin of error

I don’t think there is a dominant team which is why I think Chicago and especially Detroit on the road are dangerous games. NY and Washington to me we should handle them and SF and Minnesota are difficult especially on the road.

I feel the same. Yes, the Lions and Bears seem to be on the downfall but its divisional foes on the road. I'm not as confident as some about just chalking them up as wins. I think 3-3 is realistic but who knows, this team has already outdone what I thought they'd do this year.

I'm not gonna caveat a 5-1 or 4 -2 prediction with "if this team stays healthy", "The Lions and Bears have checked out" or anything else along those lines. I'm not counting them out of each game, I just see it more of a 3-3 type run.

Good time to look back on this one. Only 3 votes for them to do 5-1 or better, 19 for them to do 4-2 or worse. Your 2019 Green bay Packers continue to defy expectations. Let's dream big, people!

Back