Packers prep For TT Future Retirement

I'm of the belief that Thompson and McCarthy are a package deal. Ted goes Mike steps down. Lot of factors in play. His brothers death. Has a young family. Burnout.
Especially if we win another SB, he has little left to prove, and should have decent amount of $$$ in bank. He may be the kinda guy who chooses to step down and enjoy his kids and family life, and maybe take a less stressful HS coaching job or something.

But he clearly enjoys his job. I'm sure he wishes last year's experiment had worked, and he could delegate duties out and cut his hours.

All is pure speculation, at this point.

Especially if we win another SB, he has little left to prove, and should have decent amount of $$$ in bank. He may be the kinda guy who chooses to step down and enjoy his kids and family life, and maybe take a less stressful HS coaching job or something.

But he clearly enjoys his job. I'm sure he wishes last year's experiment had worked, and he could delegate duties out and cut his hours.

All is pure speculation, at this point.
Clearly enjoys his job? Not convinced I think burnout was beginning to show

I think MM enjoys coaching the Packers right now the way Favre enjoys playing QB. If he could show up on Sunday and run the offense, great. But maybe the grind and the pressure and the same faces are wearing on him a little bit.

Well not a job where you are responsible for millions in revenue. Not one where you have a BOD which holds you accountable for everthing from on field product to Stadium operations to sponsor revenue to local media deals. Then there's THE HOF and Titletown. Yeah he's got a lot on his plate

OK, obviously semantics again. Define cushy. Pay me what he makes, give me the staff and perks, and I'll take on the responsibility (and golden parachute) in a heartbeat. I'm thinking that lots of folks who lay it on the line, often for others, and maybe work two jobs to keep the family together would think that making millions and not even having to take a hit like the players, is cushy. But, as with everything else here, it's personal opinion, so if you want to feel sorry for football execs, that's your option.

OK, obviously semantics again. Define cushy. Pay me what he makes, give me the staff and perks, and I'll take on the responsibility (and golden parachute) in a heartbeat. I'm thinking that lots of folks who lay it on the line, often for others, and maybe work two jobs to keep the family together would think that making millions and not even having to take a hit like the players, is cushy. But, as with everything else here, it's personal opinion, so if you want to feel sorry for football execs, that's your option.
I'd take a crack at it too only thing is neither one of us would do a good enough job. No one is feeling sorry for any execs, but to act like the job is easy and anyone can do it is not fair or accurate.

Back