Packers prep For TT Future Retirement

Mark Murphy has to have the best job in the world. He gets paid boat loads of money for doing what? I mean, it seems as though he does very little at all.

Got the chance to meet Mr. Murph a couple of times. My son shook hands with him one time and another time we chatted with him for a couple of minutes while he was walking through the Lambeau Field parking lot. Seemed like a nice feller. He must be thrilled to have such a cushy job.

Never even thought of Edgar Bennett as a possible candidate.
Here's my stab at it:

1) Schneider 5-2
2) Wolf 5-1
3) Russh Ball 8-1
4) Bennett 25-1
5) someone we have not thought of....10-1

Edgar Bennett I think was suggested to be MM replacement Bennett will never be a GM.

Mark Murphy has to have the best job in the world. He gets paid boat loads of money for doing what? I mean, it seems as though he does very little at all.

Got the chance to meet Mr. Murph a couple of times. My son shook hands with him one time and another time we chatted with him for a couple of minutes while he was walking through the Lambeau Field parking lot. Seemed like a nice feller. He must be thrilled to have such a cushy job.
He's the CEO of a multi million dollar company. Far from cushy

Wow, what DO you consider cushy?

Well not a job where you are responsible for millions in revenue. Not one where you have a BOD which holds you accountable for everthing from on field product to Stadium operations to sponsor revenue to local media deals. Then there's THE HOF and Titletown. Yeah he's got a lot on his plate

Well not a job where you are responsible for millions in revenue. Not one where you have a BOD which holds you accountable for everthing from on field product to Stadium operations to sponsor revenue to local media deals. Then there's THE HOF and Titletown. Yeah he's got a lot on his plate
I guess he has it easier than for many CEOs - he doesn't have to do his darnedest to sell out the stadium, has had stability at GM, and no powerful egoistic billionaire owner to bounce him around.

But I think he's shown to be a forward looking guy, and the Titletown District thing is a biggie to manage. It's not like he's resting on his laurels. Seems to strike a good chord with the public and with owners.

Not bad for a former safety with the face of Alfred E Neuman and terrible middle name (Hodge) :D

Schneider's name has been bounced around for the last few years. However if I was to take a guess, I'm think Wolfe may be neck and neck with him. There was a rumor a while back that Detroit may come calling for Wolfe. It never came to fruition but I did begin to wonder if he is being groomed as TT's successor.

It never occurred to me that Bennett might be considered as a candidate for Head Coach. I would like to see more out of him as the Offensive Coordinator. With so many mixed job titles it's hard for me to figure out who is doing what.

Schneider's name has been bounced around for the last few years. However if I was to take a guess, I'm think Wolfe may be neck and neck with him. There was a rumor a while back that Detroit may come calling for Wolfe. It never came to fruition but I did begin to wonder if he is being groomed as TT's successor.

It never occurred to me that Bennett might be considered as a candidate for Head Coach. I would like to see more out of him as the Offensive Coordinator. With so many mixed job titles it's hard for me to figure out who is doing what.
It's funny to have an offensively-minded HC calling plays, an OC, and two associate HCs, one of which on offense. Top heavy, kinda like preparing to replace MM when TT retired. Not likely MM is willing to go, though.

It's funny to have an offensively-minded HC calling plays, an OC, and two associate HCs, one of which on offense. Top heavy, kinda like preparing to replace MM when TT retired. Not likely MM is willing to go, though.
I'm of the belief that Thompson and McCarthy are a package deal. Ted goes Mike steps down. Lot of factors in play. His brothers death. Has a young family. Burnout.

Back