Packers Offense 2019 Season

Unless something would sour McDaniels on NE I can't see him leaving he's pretty much got handshake deal to replace BB in 2-3 years at most.
The fact Brady is on his last legs and won't be there when McD takes over makes GB more attractive option.

The fact Brady is on his last legs and won't be there when McD takes over makes GB more attractive option.

Yup, while McDaniels might be the heir apparent in NE, he might also be thinking to himself that he might not want to be the fall guy for the inevitable step back that will likely occur when Brady and Belichek call it quits in a year or two. You usually don't just move on from a HOF coach and QB just like that. In GB he'd see that he's likely got a QB to work with for a few more years. Win in GB and you can always move on to another situation in 4-5 years if you want to after AR is done.

That said, the McDaniels situation with Indy last year gives me pause. That was a pretty crappy thing to do and I don't want the Packers to be part of a circus like that.

Heres the thing. Most of the names being floated will probably be coaching in the playoffs and a couple of guys just might be coaching in February, so while you can move forward with the interview process its not like this thing will be signed, sealed and delivered in January. Just a hunch there will be a surprise candidate who will blow Murphy away, not a big name......yeah like a former OC for SF. Now one more caveat.....I am not convinced McCarthy is gone

Yup, while McDaniels might be the heir apparent in NE, he might also be thinking to himself that he might not want to be the fall guy for the inevitable step back that will likely occur when Brady and Belichek call it quits in a year or two. You usually don't just move on from a HOF coach and QB just like that. In GB he'd see that he's likely got a QB to work with for a few more years. Win in GB and you can always move on to another situation in 4-5 years if you want to after AR is done.

That said, the McDaniels situation with Indy last year gives me pause. That was a pretty crappy thing to do and I don't want the Packers to be part of a circus like that.

I can't blame McD for backing out of IND considering what a mess that organization is

I can't blame McD for backing out of IND considering what a mess that organization is

Reich got off to a crappy start, but he has the Colts playing tough right now. On a 4 game win streak, and Luck hasn't been sacked in his last 214 pass attempts.
Reich comes out of the E/P System (Ken Whisenhunt protege), but was also in Andy Reids system as well as he was with Doug Pedersen in Philly last year. Whatever he has been incorporating into INDY seems to be works right now.
McDaniels may have passed on the job more-so because he had doubts as to whether or not Luck was going to be able to come back 100% healthy. If that was his gamble for not taking the job.............he crapped out.

Back