Packers All Time Team: QB

Packers All Time Team:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This poll is kinda funny two of these guys are in the Hall of Fame, one will be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. The fourth will be inducted in the Hall of Fame after his Career ends. The fifth guy was very good.
I voted Bart Starr, you can't argue with number of Championships won and personal success in the games

I'm going Favre. He not only won but helped change the culture in Green Bay. He was not only the face of the packers but the face of the league. No disrespect for any others on the list

yeah, it's a difficult call. i'm glad someone went with favre. although i see that the poll still shows zero votes for favre. so that's kind of odd.

I'm going Favre. He not only won but helped change the culture in Green Bay. He was not only the face of the packers but the face of the league. No disrespect for any others on the list
Not sure on that. I think it was more Reggie White who changed the culture in Green Bay. He was the one signing as a free agent that made other key players on their Super Bowl team want to go to Green Bay.

Favre's tendency to throw picks in big games stops me from naming him #1. It is amazing what Bart did when the rules didn't favor the passing game like they do today and our running game wasn't the juggernaut it was in the early 60s.

Last edited:
I'm not in any way dissing Starr. But.... There was no parity in the league at that time. Talent wise in offense those packer teams were dominate at every position. Fave did throw picks yes. But he was limited with the amount of weapons he had over the years.

I'm not in any way dissing Starr. But.... There was no parity in the league at that time. Talent wise in offense those packer teams were dominate at every position. Fave did throw picks yes. But he was limited with the amount of weapons he had over the years.
you can't disrespect any of these QBs, every era was very unique. Arnie Herbert and Don Hudson brought the forward pass to the NFL. Bart Starr was drafted at almost the same numerical position as Tom Brady. He had a great supporting cast, but he was a leader. Brett Favre broke all individual passing records, while not having a true number one wide receiver, after Sterling Sharpe retired. I also will argue Sharpe was the last true number one as a Packer. Walker was not, to nip that in the bud so to speak.
Lynn Dickey had the best receiving corp Lofton, Jefferson, Coffman and Epps.
Rogers isn't done yet.
What made this funny to me, was we are so blessed. No Don Horn was not GBs next Star, which the Journal declared after he beat the bears. But oh well the long drought we had between Starr and Farve, keeps the laughter volume down when the bear QB situation is discussed.
Yep we are blessed cheesehead)

You probably weren't around in the late 50s, but Starr was involved in a pretty significant culture change in Green Bay, too.

Bart elevated his game in the playoffs and executed the game plan. He was the ultimate 'custodian' of the ball. He was also calling his own plays for the most part. Maybe not our most physically talented QB ever, but overall- especially when it was on the line- he is still the best QB. A side note: he was also the best of what we like to think of as 'Packer People'. One of the finest gentleman I've ever met.

It's Starr but I voted for the underdog Lynn Dickey. He got a lot of grief but he kept GB competitive at times with no defense and iffy talent.

Back