Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

Is Love asking for more than Goff got?

These are perilous times for the Pack.

I know Love does, but the Pack should not discount the beginning of the season. He was below average. Many on here were thinking we would have to draft a quarterback.

In the second part of the season, we got almost every break possible. Against Dallas in the playoffs EVERYTHING went our way early. Before San Francisco when he was all Universe - see Dallas game where everything went our way - during an interview he proudly stated he made throws his coaches didn't like - I'm assuming throwing off the back foot and throwing late across the body / field. Then he met adversity against San Fran and threw 2 late picks by throwing late across the body and field sealing the Pack's fate.

I'm not against Love. I hope he improves - steps into and powers throws and stops throwing late across the body / field. I hope he retains some humility and remains coachable. I want him to succeed.

In an earlier era, I'd recommend he prove himself this year. But, in this era of fragile egos that think every not sloppy kiss on the ass is a diss so I'm taking my ball and going home, I understand that sometimes you have to deal earlier.

This is a tough time for the Pack. Even $40M / year straps the Pack. If he's not mentally or physically who we hope he is - welcome to Cleveland. I get that it's going to take $50M so that's another $10M / year.

I'm glad this isn't my decision.

I remember Thompson doing the big deals around Thanksgiving. If Love starts we'll, I wouldn't care if it cost the Pack another $3-5M / year.
Love and his agent would be idiots to take less then Goff got. Goff is the starting point. I still think deal gets done it's going go come in between $53-55 million a year.

Heck I think you have not seen deals get done with Lawrence, Tua, and Dak because they are all asking for more then Burrow money and personally I don't think none of those 3 are worth it. Will any of them get it is a different story.

Love and his agent would be idiots to take less then Goff got. Goff is the starting point. I still think deal gets done it's going go come in between $53-55 million a year.

Heck I think you have not seen deals get done with Lawrence, Tua, and Dak because they are all asking for more then Burrow money and personally I don't think none of those 3 are worth it. Will any of them get it is a different story.
No quarterback is worth $50M+ per year, but that's the market - teams are desperate to get even "marginal" QB play so they pay it.

No quarterback is worth $50M+ per year, but that's the market - teams are desperate to get even "marginal" QB play so they pay it.
The next thing will be some QB trying to hit $60 million average.

If I’m the Packers I don’t pay Love based on half a season. If I’m Love I go for all that I can get.

They’ll meet somewhere in the middle. Love has a very limited body of work. Both parties know that.

I still think they are going to announce new contract day of stockholders/TC start

Back