Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

That's kind of interesting. Either they think Pratt is a camp body, or they think Carlson needs to rent a U-Haul. Either way, it probably doesn't help either player when it comes to their comfort zone. I believe Empey's number was actually #62?
Anders is gonna show up to the Carlson Annual Memorial Day Family BBQ and see Michael Pratt tied to his brother Daniel in the 3 legged race.

I would not be shocked if GB told Mr. MaGoo he had choice try to make team as a WR or be released as they did not need 4 QB's in camp.

Apparently McGough is athletic enough, and has good hands. He would also understand the routes. It's definitely an opportunity for him to find a spot on the roster, or more than likely the practice squad, but you never know. Having someone at the bottom of the WR tree who can also act as your #4 QB, if push comes to shove? Maybe.

Apparently McGough is athletic enough
"Coming out of Florida International in 2018, McGough measured 6-foot-3 3/8 and 214 pounds. However, his other measurables were below average by receiver standards, with a 4.62 in the 40-yard dash part of a Relative Athletic Score of 3.26 when run at receiver. At FIU, McGough threw for 9,084 yards and 65 touchdowns."

"Coming out of Florida International in 2018, McGough measured 6-foot-3 3/8 and 214 pounds. However, his other measurables were below average by receiver standards, with a 4.62 in the 40-yard dash part of a Relative Athletic Score of 3.26 when run at receiver. At FIU, McGough threw for 9,084 yards and 65 touchdowns."
Fast doesn't necessarily make you a solid receiver. It's a great aid, yes, but it's just a small part of the measurement of what makes them good.

If I went by speed as being my standard for what makes a great receiver, I wouldn't have ever seen Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Bolden, and Chad Johnson playing in the NFL. And that's just a handful. There are a lot off great receivers who never had blistering speed. Raymond Berry was in the 4.8 range, Jordy Nelson 4.5, the list is endless.

Back