Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

Seems with this year the polish wearing off ML because of his questionable play calling this year. If he chooses to retain his staff on both sides of the ball he should be on the hot seat to do better next year. But he won't Murphy hand picked him so as long as Murphy stays here ML can keep having to meet high expectations since no one in this club at any level is every held accountable or expected to do much. Just don't suck to the level you get a top 5 pick and your job is safe.
A couple of 8-9 / 7-10 seasons he’s not safe. All that said it comes down to expectations. 13-3 for 3 years straight set the bar pretty damn high, not without merit but that’s a high bar to maintain in a league built on parity. I’m not putting a guy on some hot seat that fast unless there are some internal issues (locker room) that warrant if. Not is he on the watch list for another 8-9 slate probably

A couple of 8-9 / 7-10 seasons he’s not safe. All that said it comes down to expectations. 13-3 for 3 years straight set the bar pretty damn high, not without merit but that’s a high bar to maintain in a league built on parity. I’m not putting a guy on some hot seat that fast unless there are some internal issues (locker room) that warrant if. Not is he on the watch list for another 8-9 slate probably
I do agree 13 wins year there is more expected he wins 8 games again people will be questioning if he should stay much longer.

I do agree 13 wins year there is more expected he wins 8 games again people will be questioning if he should stay much longer.
And there are also some disclaimers that fit it also. Who is QB? If it’s Love expectations are not 13 wins anymore (being realistic). Did the cap gut some parts of the roster? I hate the rebuild narrative but a reset / retool is part of life in the league. Personally he’s got some rope but at the same time something’s got exposed. And without 12 it’s a bit unknown at this point

I share many sentiments going around about ML but I'm also aware of the gravity a player like Rodgers exerts on an organization, which is more than any individual coach or member of the FO. As long as AR is in the room, it's his team. If Rodgers is back with mostly the same cast of characters everywhere then there is no reason to think this won't be another 7-10/10-7 season. With Love the floor may be a little lower but it becomes more of an unknown, with the possibility that they could start building towards something better.
Winner)

I share many sentiments going around about ML but I'm also aware of the gravity a player like Rodgers exerts on an organization, which is more than any individual coach or member of the FO. As long as AR is in the room, it's his team. If Rodgers is back with mostly the same cast of characters everywhere then there is no reason to think this won't be another 7-10/10-7 season. With Love the floor may be a little lower but it becomes more of an unknown, with the possibility that they could start building towards something better.

Very well said. Sums up my feelings as well. Nice work.

Rodgers not doing Pat M show today. He's still in GB, meeting with org today and tomorrow. Gute speaks to media on Friday, could be some telling info from that session. If nothing else we will have impressions on which way things are leaning pretty soon.

Rodgers not doing Pat M show today. He's still in GB, meeting with org today and tomorrow. Gute speaks to media on Friday, could be some telling info from that session. If nothing else we will have impressions on which way things are leaning pretty soon.
Are #12 and the FO sitting in a ciricle smoking hgh) talking future?

Similar to want happed last year if I recall correctly

The Cardinals have come together and the Conclave ensues....now we wait for the white smoke

Similar to want happed last year if I recall correctly
Similar timing/process but much different in that last year was a contract negotiation. At least this year that won't be in the room, really.

Back