Packers 2022 Thread

That's not a bad place to be in, that's enough for a summer WR or in-season edge player
Yeah I can see them add an edge in camp if it looks like the backups can't cut the job to be a rotation player or a injury happens.

Flying on a wing and a prayer isn’t exactly sound financial management.
I hope they can, at some point, return to how they previously handled cap management.
12’s contract is they elephant in the room that causes them to do this, imo
Pretty much everything is this year and next. After that take your cap hit 2024 after Rodgers and others are gone and try to retool the roster

I’m beginning to think that GB will almost have to figure out an extension of some kind for Adrian Amos.
Because of all the void years and money they added to his contract, if he leaves after 2022, GB will have a dead cap hit from him in 2023 of just over $10M.
The only way I see that they can mitigate this is with an extension.

I’m beginning to think that GB will almost have to figure out an extension of some kind for Adrian Amos.
Because of all the void years and money they added to his contract, if he leaves after 2022, GB will have a dead cap hit from him in 2023 of just over $10M.
The only way I see that they can mitigate this is with an extension.
According to Spotrac it's just under $8 million dead cap due to restructure bonus money. Though at some point got to let guys go can't keep signing players to 3rd contracts worth big money. GB has already picked up 5th year on Savage so I could see them let Amos Walk and then go a rookie at that spot in 2023.

According to Spotrac it's just under $8 million dead cap due to restructure bonus money. Though at some point got to let guys go can't keep signing players to 3rd contracts worth big money. GB has already picked up 5th year on Savage so I could see them let Amos Walk and then go a rookie at that spot in 2023.
The main problem is that Amos has been a better and more valuable player than Savage, in almost every way. That pesky performance thing.

Back