Packers 2022 Thread

i disagree. there's very little chance that love gets us 9 or 10 wins in his first season as a starter. he'd have to be better than rodgers was in his first season.

and honestly, even if rodgers and adams are gone, you're still going to be chopping your roster to hell. it's time to just blow it all up and let mlf build the team he wants.
The only way MLF gets to build his team is if Murphy gets the ax as well.

i disagree. there's very little chance that love gets us 9 or 10 wins in his first season as a starter. he'd have to be better than rodgers was in his first season.

and honestly, even if rodgers and adams are gone, you're still going to be chopping your roster to hell. it's time to just blow it all up and let mlf build the team he wants.
Your still going to have Clark, Alexander, Stokes and Gary on defense. Most likely Bak, a capable OL and Dillon/ Jones on offense. Don’t see a rebuild more of a restructure. Sure there will be turnover

Posted in Shout, that Clark is a no brainer because of his young age.
But it will be very telling where this is all going depending on how they handle Bakhtiari.

Also …….. and I’m NOT advocating for this ……. But would they consider trading Jaire for a couple 1st round picks and thusly wipe $13.5M off the books and then draft someone like McDuffie (who’s been compared to Jaire).

That would be the mother of all desperation moves.

Posted in Shout, that Clark is a no brainer because of his young age.
But it will be very telling where this is all going depending on how they handle Bakhtiari.

Also …….. and I’m NOT advocating for this ……. But would they consider trading Jaire for a couple 1st round picks and thusly wipe $13.5M off the books and then draft someone like McDuffie (who’s been compared to Jaire).

That would be the mother of all desperation moves.
Yeah the Bak thing is tricky. He’s under contract for 2022 and then 2 more. $9m+ roster bonus guarantees 3/18. His base is low so your basically converting roster bonus. Not a lot to play with.

I don't think we need to overcomplicate the Bakhtiari thing. Save where you can and keep him around. Of all the places to save money, cutting from the good parts of the OL - or CB, as danno floated above - is madness IMO.

It's interesting seeing how people work at manipulating the cap to keep people on the roster. I'd bet that's a large part of every day at 1265 Lombardi Avenue. Trying to figure out how to make the whole thing work in 2022, and beyond. It's very difficult.

What makes matters even more interesting is whether or not the players in question are even interested in going along with the program. I wonder how many would balk at taking deals, unless there were voidable years that they could walk away, and still have gotten a nice paycheck paid out front for having signed the deal. Rest assured, the agents are all angling for the best deal for their clients, no matter where it is, not anything to make a team happy.

You know, since Rodgers wants to keep the band together for another run, AND since he’s such an intelligent guy, why not have him sit down with Russ Ball and crunch the numbers on how to make this work.
Then, have Aaron go and pitch it to his teammates, along with his kumbaya gratitude that he’s so full of.

Reactions: TW
Back