Packers 2022 Thread

The entire FO should be fired for that contract.
I’d say that it’s not impossible that could happen.

My question would be how much influence did Murphy have in that contract extension? They all answer to him, IIRC.

Murph would retire.
Gute gets his ears pinned back.
ML gets to stay and try to prove he can do it’s sans Rodgers.
Not sure where Ball fits.

My question would be how much influence did Murphy have in that contract extension? They all answer to him, IIRC.

Murph would retire.
Of course Murphy signed off on it, he de facto runs the team. Who is gonna fire them?

Of course Murphy signed off on it, he de facto runs the team. Who is gonna fire them?
"The Board" would have to oust Murphy. He's gotta retire anyway by 70.

Hopefully the cap will expand and they'll work some magic. Doesn't Aaron's contract travel with Aaron if he is traded? Bakhtiari's too.

"The Board" would have to oust Murphy. He's gotta retire anyway by 70.

Hopefully the cap will expand and they'll work some magic. Doesn't Aaron's contract travel with Aaron if he is traded? Bakhtiari's too.
Nobody wants those crummy contracts, they’re untradeable.

FWIW the contract doesn’t bother me. They’re trying to win a SB with Aaron Rodgers, period. You can say they’re doing a bad job of team building and aren’t good enough, fine, but their goal unquestionably is to win a SB with Rodgers and whatever contract they have to give him is just part of the deal. I’m a fan of the team, I’d still watch them even if they’re sh!tty, so the cap tightness and possible down years don’t bother me either.

FWIW the contract doesn’t bother me. They’re trying to win a SB with Aaron Rodgers, period. You can say they’re doing a bad job of team building and aren’t good enough, fine, but their goal unquestionably is to win a SB with Rodgers and whatever contract they have to give him is just part of the deal. I’m a fan of the team, I’d still watch them even if they’re sh!tty, so the cap tightness and possible down years don’t bother me either.
I get where you’re coming from, but they’ve built a core/nucleus of solid young talent on this team and it would be a shame/waste to have to gut it just because you’re betting the franchise that mr senior citizen can get you the brass ring in one last go around.

I get where you’re coming from, but they’ve built a core/nucleus of solid young talent on this team and it would be a shame/waste to have to gut it just because you’re betting the franchise that mr senior citizen can get you the brass ring in one last go around.
IMO the core is small enough that they will have room to figure it out. Jaire just signed long term, they will have to deal with that. Elgton Jenkins is priority 1, Gary priority 2. After that who else is knocking on the door? Savage isn't going to get a monster deal, Stokes only had 1 year, he can still go south. Anyone else they want to keep around is mid level IMO, same type of contracts as a Campbell or Douglas.

Elephant in the room is Love and the QB spot generally but at least they have someone who has been in development.

Murph would retire.
Murphy already said he wil retire in 2025 when he's forced to retire when he hits mandatory retirement age with GB.

Maybe we'd only get three first round picks for Aaron Rodgers, instead of four.

Still, we gotta a lot of young guys on rookie contracts. Hopefully we phase out some of these other guys before we need to start paying them.

Meanwhile, Demovsky said Bakhtiari said he's "on track" to start v Minnesota.

The thing with Rodgers is nobody really knows what the trade market was. And not Gute was not going to pry 3 1st round picks for #12. So you have a choice. Pay #12 or start #10 and clearly the best chance to win was not the latter.

And history tells us the cap can and will be manipulated so it’s not some “cap hell” situation and yes the TV money kicks in 2023 and Sunday Ticket money in 2024.

The larger decision is how to you deal with #10. 3 choices. 5th year option (unlikely) , short term extension or let him walk. That’s on Gute and ML to figure out

Back