Packers 2022 Thread

Thing is both Lazard and MVS are FA's too I believe so both of them might be gone also. Doubt Cobb is back so if you might have Amari Rodgers Malik Taylor Winfree and any draft picks at WR for Love to throw too. That is setting Love up to fail IMO.
Isn’t Lazard a RFA?
If so, that gives GB I little control over his future.

Isn’t Lazard a RFA?
If so, that gives GB I little control over his future.
Still Lazard as your #1 WR? If Packers let Adams go and don't bring back at least one decent vet Love will not have any real shot to develop playing with below average WR's.

Still Lazard as your #1 WR? If Packers let Adams go and don't bring back at least one decent vet Love will not have any real shot to develop playing with below average WR's.
Never said make him #1 WR.
Just that they can control his GB future with a RFA tender.

The guy who I would look at if his price is not to high is Allen Robinson. If Adams is gone he could be a decent option for a #1 WR for GB.

Same age as Adams isn’t he?
Plus he’s pulling down about $17M this year.
Not exactly a bargain for cap starved Packers.
There’s other WR’s that’ll be FA’s that may be a decent fit for ML’s offense.
Especially if he gets back to scheming them open rather than letting 12 play hero ball with Adams all day long.
Remember, this team is 6-0 when Adams has been out of the lineup.
GB needs to be smart and not throw big money around.

Agree with most of what's been said regarding Adams and AR. The only way to keep both of them is by doing some total CAP gymnastics that pushes money several years into the future and even then you'd have to make some cuts and redo some other contracts. (I say "both" because it's unlikely you get one without the other.)

Some of the media keep saying the most logical and best place for AR next year is Green Bay, but I don't think they are seriously looking at the math involved. I'd like to see someone put out a realistic scenario for how they can make this (and Adams) happen without a total run into CAP hell down the road or without gutting the current roster.

It's time. Just let it go. Trade AR for what you can. Maybe that includes a 1st Rd pick, maybe it's only some combination of 2nds and 3rds in 2022 and 2023. Get your 3rd Rd comp for Devante and move on from there as well. Make a few selective cuts like ZSmith, Lowry, Crosby & Cobb. That will get you under the CAP.

Consider contract restructures on PSmith, Amos and Turner to open more CAP space. (Though with Nijman looking okay, Turner is a bit of a luxury.) Get a deal done with Alexander to also free some CAP. Try to re-sign Lazard, MVS, Douglas and Campbell which should be doable for pretty reasonable 2022 CAP hits.

See if there is a lower priced FA or two that can help you and then focus on the draft. Edge, WR, DL, OL and DB would then be my main focus. Probably in that order. If you only get even a 2nd and 3rd for AR you could address all 5 of those positions in the first 3 rounds.

Agree with most of what's been said regarding Adams and AR. The only way to keep both of them is by doing some total CAP gymnastics that pushes money several years into the future and even then you'd have to make some cuts and redo some other contracts. (I say "both" because it's unlikely you get one without the other.)

Some of the media keep saying the most logical and best place for AR next year is Green Bay, but I don't think they are seriously looking at the math involved. I'd like to see someone put out a realistic scenario for how they can make this (and Adams) happen without a total run into CAP hell down the road or without gutting the current roster.

It's time. Just let it go. Trade AR for what you can. Maybe that includes a 1st Rd pick, maybe it's only some combination of 2nds and 3rds in 2022 and 2023. Get your 3rd Rd comp for Devante and move on from there as well. Make a few selective cuts like ZSmith, Lowry, Crosby & Cobb. That will get you under the CAP.

Consider contract restructures on PSmith, Amos and Turner to open more CAP space. (Though with Nijman looking okay, Turner is a bit of a luxury.) Get a deal done with Alexander to also free some CAP. Try to re-sign Lazard, MVS, Douglas and Campbell which should be doable for pretty reasonable 2022 CAP hits.

See if there is a lower priced FA or two that can help you and then focus on the draft. Edge, WR, DL, OL and DB would then be my main focus. Probably in that order. If you only get even a 2nd and 3rd for AR you could address all 5 of those positions in the first 3 rounds.
This... I have yet to hear/see anyone put forth a realistic scenario where the Pack keeps Arod or Adams alone nevermind both of them...

This... I have yet to hear/see anyone put forth a realistic scenario where the Pack keeps Arod or Adams alone nevermind both of them...
Ken Ingalls has been begging and pleading and doing the Lord's work on this but no one will listen. Generally speaking, the media will not let facts get in the way of a narrative or story.

Ken Ingalls has been begging and pleading and doing the Lord's work on this but no one will listen. Generally speaking, the media will not let facts get in the way of a narrative or story.
NFL honors John Madden by going Madden Football in 2022 and allowing you to turn off salary cap and play without a cap.

Back