Packers 2015 season PFF analysis - Offense

Great stuff!
These are our needs in my opinion in the draft by order:
TE- we need to stretch the field
OT- FA OL will be huge concern after next year
ILB- still a major hole. Not sure Ryan is the answer
OLB- we need to replace Peppers eventually
RB- Lacy is not the answer. He is not motivated and not worth what we will have to pay him
WR- Need a replacement for Jordy in a couple of years
DT- We need another Daniels to put this D-Line over the top

Great stuff!
These are our needs in my opinion in the draft by order:
TE- we need to stretch the field
OT- FA OL will be huge concern after next year
ILB- still a major hole. Not sure Ryan is the answer
OLB- we need to replace Peppers eventually
RB- Lacy is not the answer. He is not motivated and not worth what we will have to pay him
WR- Need a replacement for Jordy in a couple of years
DT- We need another Daniels to put this D-Line over the top
TE draft class looks...nasty. There ARE plenty of faster TEs entering UFA or are possible cuts, most with some warts. See here: http://wisconsinsportstalk.net/thre...ncy-speculation-begins.3788/page-3#post-10061

Getting an affordable and good LT in UFA is near impossible. Early in the draft is almost only way to go - getting a Bak in the 4th round is VERY rare. It's so true that big men with nimble feet and long arms are damn hard to find.

ILB, especially the faster kind, is a definitive need. While Joe Thomas did a rather good job in coverage, he's way too undersized to play all 3 downs. Expect a high pick there, though that class isn't sterling either...

RB - We need a backup at least, even if Starks re-signs. I believe Lacy will bounce back, but may leave in 2017.

WR - Could use more competition and insurance.

DT - We have plenty of pass rushing DL, but if Raji and Guion both leave, we need a big belly. Development of Pennel, and Boyd's return will help. Plenty of affordable pure run-stuffers in UFA.

Can't believe how much of a ghost Davante Adams was this past season.
Injuries to Montgomery and Abbrederis sidelined them both which kinda gives them a pass.
Janis was just under utilized by the coaching staff which isn't really his fault.
IMO, Adams is by far the biggest disappointment of this group.

Adams is going to have to prove himself next Aug to earn a roster spot.

Every player outside of maybe #12 have to earn their roster spot every summer. I don't think the coaching staff is as down on Adams as most fans are right now. Fans point out how many balls he dropped but he wasn't the only guilty party with the dropsies this season. :(

Adams, I suspect, is a victim of expectations, just as the team overall the last couple of decades, and players like AR. I don't think the stats were all that impressive, but the general consensus seemed to be that he came alive in the second half of the '14 season, was really established as our #3, and was going to make the loss of Jordy less painful. The results last year were obviously bad, but if he'd not raised our hopes so high, I wonder how much we'd be dumping on him now.

Back