Packers 2015 acquisitions: Tolzien and Hundley provided stability behind Rodgers

From what I hear Hundley has progressed nicely this past season. I'm looking forward to seeing him this spring/summer. I wonder if another team will offer Tolzien a chance to challenge for a starting job?

Can't see it Tolzien is not a starting quality QB he is a average backup even not a high end backup.

I'm not going to say Tolzien doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, because for all I know he very well may. All I can say is that if he does, I've never seen any evidence of it, because he's never been put in the position to demonstrate that he does. I think another team would have to be pretty desperate to sign him as a starter. They remember Matt Flynn. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Tolzien has made some solid progress. I don't think anyone will pay him major money in anticipation of him being a starter, but someone will pay him decent back-up money and give him a shot . . . and that is probably all he wants, a shot to play. He knows he has no chance to play in G.B.

Not sure is Hundley is ready, but history suggest that TT is not going to sign a veteran back-up. We better hope he's ready or that A.R. is healthy for all of the 2016-17 season.

I think you're right about Tolzien, 57. I think that if he gets an offer from a team that would at least allow him to compete, he'd go be their backup instead of ours. Ya gotta understand the quarterback mentality - any one of them who is actually any good thinks they can win a Super Bowl if they could only get the chance. If they don't have that kind of self-confidence and that kind of mindset, they can't play at this level anyway. Zeke Bratkowski was an anomaly.

Back