Packer Defense- Is it Really Barry?

Mark,

I agree and I want to clarify that I think Barry needs to go. I guess I just think it is worth it to include Gute in this as well since his drafting of D players has been less than stellar, IMO.
Yeah but they don't fit the scheme, he doesn't believe by his own admission of drafting players to fit the scheme, therefore I have to give these folks a break somewhat. I think they're poorly coached by position also.

Yeah but they don't fit the scheme, he doesn't believe by his own admission of drafting players to fit the scheme, therefore I have to give these folks a break somewhat. I think they're poorly coached by position also.
Gute did learn from his mentor that it's his job to draft the players and the coaches to figure out how to use them.

Gute did learn from his mentor that it's his job to draft the players and the coaches to figure out how to use them.
It's a double edged sword. Self preservation is best but is it chicken or the egg when drafting? Does a GM want to draft for the current flavor of DC, OC, or draft athletes?

I have 3 issues with Barry as the DC hire:

(1) He's a nepotism hire who has a track record of poor results as a DC.
(2) He hasn't shown much ability to adjust his scheme to fit his players, which is how you capitalize on their strengths and innovate.
(3) For that matter, he's bad at adjustments, period. Especially in-game. He goes into a game with a plan and sticks with it, even if it doesn't work or the other team has figured out how to counter it. Exhibit A: Atlanta game. Sure didn't seem like they did much adjusting to stop the run in the 4Q. When a rookie is toting the rock all day at 6.5 yards a clip, you need to do something about it.

I have 3 issues with Barry as the DC hire:

(1) He's a nepotism hire who has a track record of poor results as a DC.
(2) He hasn't shown much ability to adjust his scheme to fit his players, which is how you capitalize on their strengths and innovate.
(3) For that matter, he's bad at adjustments, period. Especially in-game. He goes into a game with a plan and sticks with it, even if it doesn't work or the other team has figured out how to counter it. Exhibit A: Atlanta game. Sure didn't seem like they did much adjusting to stop the run in the 4Q. When a rookie is toting the rock all day at 6.5 yards a clip, you need to do something about it.
Besides all that, he's awesome.

I have a family member with a dog. She provides poor training, no exercise, no routine, no structure - her dog soils in the house, jumps, barks, and is generally unpleasant to be around.

I have two dogs, different ages, different backgrounds. I know what is important to me and I teach it to them. We establish routine and stick with it. If they mess up we try again until they get it. I give clear, consistent commands with consistent expectations. My dogs have good house manners and are generally a joy to live with.

"You're just lucky getting those dogs!" she says to me sh))

did i just click on the wrong thread? are we talking dos now? we had to take our dog into the monterey animal hospital today. something is awry with one of her back legs. she has been shrieking and whining all day. because of her age, the doctor didn't want to push us into anything expensive, so she suggested trying a doggy ibuprofen and see if the condition clears up before we move on to x-rays of her hips and spine. we're not supposed to give her the ibuprofen unless she is eating and drinking normally - which she is not doing right now. she won't even touch her favorite treats. so she just keeps whining in pain. i wish the vet could have at least given her a shot for the pain. btw, vets are expensive. just in case you weren't aware. lol.

Back