OSU trounces Badgers

Wisconsin will never compete against schools that have cash to spread around like it was Monopoly money. The University of Texas, as I've tried to explain to people, has so much cash floating around to help recruiting that they piss it away like water. How can you compete against something like this, when the dollar figure spent on just this one situation is probably over half the budget the Badgers use for their entire recruiting campaign?

This is what I've warned about, and knew about, here at UT. I know people involved, and I know how the money is channeled into the program.

Rest assured, Michigan and Ohio State, for openers, are channeling big bucks into their recruiting measures as well. They just aren't quite as flamboyant about it, by telling everyone how they spend it to get kids into their programs.

The system is severely broken. Most schools are nothing but punching bags now for the elite.

this was the expected outcome from NIL. It's basically legalized booster money.

Reactions: TW
this was the expected outcome from NIL. It's basically legalized booster money.
What's scary is the amounts of money some schools, like Texas, are having at their disposal to spend, for recruiting, as well as NIL.

Nothing like stirring the pot for an upcoming game. Remind the players of how bad it was, and how they need to show everyone that's not who they are. At this point, I have no idea how good the Illini will be against the Badgers. Our run game has to be huge.
IL always seems to get up for Bucky like it's their SB game.

What's scary is the amounts of money some schools, like Texas, are having at their disposal to spend, for recruiting, as well as NIL.
IMO it even has forced more money into sports. While always had back door money coming in now people and businesses don't need to even worry about being caught so can throw even more money into the pot. With the transfer portal will become nothing but FA for the top 5-10 schools who will just use NIL money to buy kids out of the transfer portal to improve the teams.

Back