OSU trounces Badgers

TW

Reaction score
It wasn't pretty. The Badgers were outclassed on both the offense and defense. We just don't have anywhere near the talent that the Buckeyes have. It was so obvious, from the opening whistle.

As far as Mertz is concerned, he is what he is, and we haven't got better. But, if we did, rest assured, he'd be on the bench.

Tight end Clay Cundiff suffered a gruesome-looking left leg/ankle injury late in the second quarter and returned to the sideline in the second half wearing a walking boot. Badgers head coach Paul Chryst addressed Cundiff's status during his postgame press conference and didn't have encouraging news.

"I just got a quick update," Chryst said. "I believe he broke it (his leg or ankle)." It's another devastating injury development for Cundiff, who suffered a dislocated ankle, a broken fibula and a torn deltoid ligament, all on his right side, last October in a home victory over Iowa. Those ailments required surgery and intense, arduous rehab.

They have a lot more talent.

But, they wanted it a lot more. They were better coached.

Chryst is a deer looking into headlights. Yesterday, so was Leonhard.

This game was over early and the first dagger went in when we punted on 4th and 1, second when they plowed though us on 4th and 1, third when our reciever had the ball go through his hands with seconds left in the half.

We simply are just a reason for a couple beers on a Saturday

UW is not a good team. Not much talent on this team. At best it's a middle of the road Big Ten team. At best they finish 8-4 at worst they finish 6-6. Coaching staff is not very good. But the school is cheap they will let PC stay until he wants to retire. But even if he would walk UW would not spend on a coach and any good coach would not want the job with the restrictions placed on them with kids they can recruit.

Wisconsin will never compete against schools that have cash to spread around like it was Monopoly money. The University of Texas, as I've tried to explain to people, has so much cash floating around to help recruiting that they piss it away like water. How can you compete against something like this, when the dollar figure spent on just this one situation is probably over half the budget the Badgers use for their entire recruiting campaign?

This is what I've warned about, and knew about, here at UT. I know people involved, and I know how the money is channeled into the program.

Rest assured, Michigan and Ohio State, for openers, are channeling big bucks into their recruiting measures as well. They just aren't quite as flamboyant about it, by telling everyone how they spend it to get kids into their programs.

The system is severely broken. Most schools are nothing but punching bags now for the elite.

Look on the bright side, being in the West, that game could have just been a warm up for the B1G Championship game. OSU will stomp the rest of the B1G too. Lots of season left Badgers fans. Let's see what kind of run they can put together.

Agree that OSU may well stomp everyone in the B1G this year, but I still don't feel good about it. There's always been a big disparity, but past Badger teams at least looked competitive despite losing the vast majority of games with them. This team looks like it's regressing a bit under Chryst, back to the days where the Buckeyes would regularly take Bucky to the woodshed and have their 3rd string in the game for the 4th quarter. I don't like the general direction of the team under Chryst but I'll reserve judgement until we get to the end of the year.

Honestly the league is back to the Big 2 and the Little 12. PSU is maybe legit but OSU & Michigan would roll them. Other that that it’s pedestrian

The West is as bad as I’ve seen it in years and I’m not sold on Minnesota either. Worst case I see for UW is 8-4 and that’s just based on the schedule not the talent, again the league is probably the worst P5 league at this point

Nothing like stirring the pot for an upcoming game. Remind the players of how bad it was, and how they need to show everyone that's not who they are. At this point, I have no idea how good the Illini will be against the Badgers. Our run game has to be huge.

Back