Official Week 4 Green Bay vs SF Thread

...It’s hard to see where the 49ers have an advantage here. The Packers are better in all three phases, and unless they have a major letdown game, it’s impossible to pick against them here. ...

i have to agree with this.

My big concern isn't the niners as they really blow this season. Injuries are mounting and GB is making moves to fill holes because of them. You can't lose a player or 2 a week and win SB. Staying healthy this week is a must.

Behind Enemy Lines takes a weekly look at social media and internet message boards to take the pulse of opposing fans. This week, TTSO looked to twitter and Reddit to see what Niners fans were saying.
The mood on r/49ers is resigned. Fans are not confident and most don’t see how this game is going to be anything but ugly. One fan summed up the matchup issue perfectly.

Other Redditors answered the question of whether Rodgers would destroy a beleaguered defense.

Packers fans can certainly understand what it’s like when a defense plays poorly and there is no discipline against a tough quarterback. It’s been exactly that for the last three matchups against the Niners. Kapernick has toasted the Packers every chance he has gotten.

Despite the success Kaepernick has had against the Packers, most fans just don’t think that will matter this week.

[URL='http://titletownsoundoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Kap-doesnt-matter.jpg']

One fan, despite spelling the name of his own player wrong, had a novel suggestion for beating the Packers.

That has to be a fifteen yard penalty.

A Redditor asked what the narrative would be if the 49ers pull off the upset. One fan responded that the Packers will have to beat themselves for San Francisco to have a chance.

So let’s look to Twitter for some optimistic Niners fans.

Why can't the Niners play the Jags or something this week… Why the Packers?!
1f605.png

— kayyy (@kaylanburke) September 29, 2015

Okay, so it’s not all unicorns and rainbows on Twitter, but someone out there has to be confident that Kaepernick can again beat the Packers. This account was cautiously optimistic that the 49ers have a chance.

This week will be interesting. Very frustrated 49ers team,back home after a two game skid,vs the Packers who Colin has career games against.

— 49ers Hub (@49ersHub) September 28, 2015

And another fan references the one fact that has some Packers fans worried.

Bad news.. We play the Packers, good news.. We're 3-0 against the Packers when Kaepernick starts.

— Jason (@836MVP) September 27, 2015

A little searching and we finally found him. The one Kaepernick fan left in San Francisco. I mean, dude’s Kaepernicking in his profile picture. His optimism is to be commended.

It's easy to jump on Kap when he fails but this week he is going to get " why do you think you were able to beat the Packers again?"

— Unnamed Sources (@GoodbyStick) September 30, 2015

Optimism doesn’t begin to describe it. My man is all in on Kap. Bless his heart.

It's possible that the Kap that beat the Packers 3 times will wake up from his coma and realize he is a damm good QB dammit!!

— Unnamed Sources (@GoodbyStick) September 30, 2015

Then, there’s this opinion. Sorry Kaepernicking dude. Niners fans seem to be bailing.

Best possibility for us to beat or not get owned by Packers,.. Bench Kap, put in Gabbert,.. See what coaches do… http://t.co/tZTnxvY34Y

— loc (@youngTloc) October 2, 2015

But even with the concerns over the bicep-smooching quarterback, most 49ers fans are concerned about the defense. Like this guy.

I guess it makes sense if the Packers shut us out.

— Rick Klau (@rklau) September 28, 2015

But with all the negativity, I think the most telling tweet is this one.

Was ist mit Kaepernick eigentlich seit diesem unfassbaren Playoff-Spiel damals gegen die Packers passiert? #nfl

— Jenseblümchen (@stadioncheck) September 27, 2015

I have no idea what it means, but it is absolutely terrifying.
[/URL]

Continue reading...

Back