Official Week 4 Green Bay vs Minnesota Thread

At a certain point I don't know what another week gets you. Does it get you more stability in the knee? I don't know, from what I've read I don't think so. Does it get you pain free? I think he'll have pain no matter when he starts playing again, probably for another month or so anyway. What does waiting buy you then?

At a certain point I don't know what another week gets you. Does it get you more stability in the knee? I don't know, from what I've read I don't think so. Does it get you pain free? I think he'll have pain no matter when he starts playing again, probably for another month or so anyway. What does waiting buy you then?
I fully understand what you're saying, but I just don't like the way his footwork looks. If he can't properly push off and land on throws, we could be seeing a lot of incomplete passes that shouldn't have been, and possibly some costly INTs.

But, that's just my opinion. I saw that last week, when people were saying he was coming back, and they went with Willis and he did well, and I just think they'll stick with it to give Love a little more recovery before throwing him out there. I'm speaking from someone who spent a lot of time coaching offenses, and know how critical the footwork can be to a QB, and to his receivers as well.

I fully understand what you're saying, but I just don't like the way his footwork looks. If he can't properly push off and land on throws, we could be seeing a lot of incomplete passes that shouldn't have been, and possibly some costly INTs.

But, that's just my opinion. I saw that last week, when people were saying he was coming back, and they went with Willis and he did well, and I just think they'll stick with it to give Love a little more recovery before throwing him out there. I'm speaking from someone who spent a lot of time coaching offenses, and know how critical the footwork can be to a QB, and to his receivers as well.
I don't think anything in public has been done at full speed for them, him in particular, it really depends on what has been going on behind doors and how he's been pushing it. Not going to make a prediction because I was wrong before, but the bottom line remains the same - at some point he is going to play with this knee injury, he will not be 100%, his game will be imperfect and incomplete. Whether it's this week, next week, or the week after. What do you gain by waiting, and at what point does it become a matter of diminishing returns for every extra week you wait?

Didn't see anything in his footwork on any video that looked off... I think if he played last week we win by a lot more.

Didn't see anything in his footwork on any video that looked off... I think if he played last week we win by a lot more.
He's throwing his passes off the plant leg, and not getting the landing foot down like he normally does in the pocket. More than likely because it reduces the pain from weight transfer to the landing leg. That's not a normal rhythm for a QB, who'd step up on the throw.

Also, when he's doing rollouts in practice, he's favoring that left leg, and you can see that even then he's throwing the ball without dropping the landing foot. It's like he has a thistle in his shoe but needs to keep practicing, so he's compensating for it.

Last week I said the same thing, and he didn't play, because he simply wasn't ready. I saw the same thing as I've seen this week, even though there's less hesitation on the throws. I just don't believe he is ready at this time.

But, that's just my opinion, based on what I see.

Didn't see anything in his footwork on any video that looked off.
i did, and i'm not even an expert on footwork. the foot with the injured knee did not look right to me. that was during the warm-ups inside their practice facility. could be faking it to make the vikings think he isn't going to play. but i'll stick with my prediction that willis starts and the packers lose.

Jordan Love practiced again today.

DNP: Jaire Alexander (quad), Jordan Moragn (shoulder), Carrington Valentine.

Jordan Love practiced again today.

DNP: Jaire Alexander (quad), Jordan Moragn (shoulder), Carrington Valentine.
alexander and valentine are two major losses when going up against a team with a qb that has had a hot hand for three weeks in a row.

Back