Official Week 4 Green Bay vs Minnesota Thread

See Aaron Jones says he plans to do a Lambeau Leap if he scores. That's a easy way to get a beer poured on you is to be the other team trying to jump into the stands after scoring. Or at least get shoved back out of the stands. Former fan favorite or not I don't think to many fans will embrace him trying that.
This is the classic "heel turn", it's all part of the fun. If he does the leap, fans should absolutely throw beer on him. When he retires they will shower him with love for the rest of his days.

Another thing about the Vikings so far this year - yes, they beat the snot out of the Giants on the road in the opener, but their two games since then have been at home and that's really been a difference maker for them. Both SF and Houston couldn't get lined up on so many plays. I think Houston alone had 6 or 7 false start/illegal formation penalties. Being in constant "and long" downs is just a killer. I would expect GB to be better at this playing at home, so that should be an advantage MN won't have that really helped out their game.

I'd also expect to see way more motion out of ML's offense. Watching the Houston game, I didn't think Houston ran much of that at all which was a surprise. Maybe that's something with Stroud? But in GB's favor, Reed, Kraft, Doubs and Wicks I think are all generally pretty good at sitting down or finding the empty space created by Flores' blitz looks, and Love - through one game anyway - just killed the Vikings with that, using Flores' own aggression against him. It'll be another sort of chess match - expectations versus reality.

This is the classic "heel turn", it's all part of the fun. If he does the leap, fans should absolutely throw beer on him. When he retires they will shower him with love for the rest of his days.
Jones is no longer a Packer. He shouldn't be leaping into our stadium. He shouldn't think that he'd be welcomed.

I wouldn't waste a beer, but I would oppose a leap attempt to me.

Problem is somebody will have sold a seat to a Vikings fan, and he'll leap there.

As much as I'd hate it, I wouldn't oppose a leap attempt to someone else - even God forbid a Packers fan.

Hopefully, the Packers think the leap is special and don't let him in the endzone.

If I ever met him off the field, I'd shower him with Packers love.

jones would not be the first opponent to leap into the stands after a score. they always seem to find a place where the away team has fans. i think the whole thing is silly. the lambeau leap has even caught on in other stadiums around the league. it isn't an exclusive thing any more.

jones would not be the first opponent to leap into the stands after a score. they always seem to find a place where the away team has fans. i think the whole thing is silly. the lambeau leap has even caught on in other stadiums around the league. it isn't an exclusive thing any more.
I like how other teams are doing it now, in stadiums where the walls are low enough. To be honest, it brings the players to the fans in the cheap seats, and that alone is kind of priceless. It also shows they are more than willing to celebrate their success with the people who pay the price of a ticket, and that's kind of what it should all be about anyhow. I think you nailed it on the head. Once it's on the table, it's not exclusive, and everyone can enjoy it.

Yep Cincy has ripped off GB and calls it the Jungle Jump.

Another thing about the Vikings so far this year - yes, they beat the snot out of the Giants on the road in the opener, but their two games since then have been at home and that's really been a difference maker for them. Both SF and Houston couldn't get lined up on so many plays. I think Houston alone had 6 or 7 false start/illegal formation penalties. Being in constant "and long" downs is just a killer. I would expect GB to be better at this playing at home, so that should be an advantage MN won't have that really helped out their game.

I'd also expect to see way more motion out of ML's offense. Watching the Houston game, I didn't think Houston ran much of that at all which was a surprise. Maybe that's something with Stroud? But in GB's favor, Reed, Kraft, Doubs and Wicks I think are all generally pretty good at sitting down or finding the empty space created by Flores' blitz looks, and Love - through one game anyway - just killed the Vikings with that, using Flores' own aggression against him. It'll be another sort of chess match - expectations versus reality.

Agree, RP.

It is time for Wicks to step up. If Love plays, he may have a big game. JMO.

I think they're leading up to one more inactive week for Love. If they win the Viking game, they'll probably continuing evaluation, and moving forward slowly.

I have this thought, in the back of my mind, that they're willing to ride the win wave with Willis until it ends, or Love is really nearly full recovered, and ready to handle full duties at QB. We won't see him out there unless they're confident he's really ready to play. It could backfire on them if he plays and gets hurt, or hurts their chances of winning because of his injury.

Watching some of his throws in practice clips, his footwork on throws is somewhat hampered. He's putting more into the ball from arm strength, and not getting that drive and landing with the legs and feet like he usually has.

Just my opinion.

I think they're leading up to one more inactive week for Love. If they win the Viking game, they'll probably continuing evaluation, and moving forward slowly.

Watching some of his throws in practice clips, his footwork on throws is somewhat hampered. He's putting more into the ball from arm strength, and not getting that drive and landing with the legs and feet like he usually has.
agree. and i think this will be the first loss for willis. sad we have to waste our home game vs minisoda.

Back