Official Week 3 Green Bay vs KC Thread

Well with Burnett out, you know KC will run the ball big time on us now. I say Charles gets 25 carries minimum. The only way we limit that is getting up by a couple of TD's early.

Makes me really nervous stopping the run with Burnett out.

I don't feel great about this game. I'm glad it's at home. I feel like the Packers struggle against "uncommon opponents", but that's just my perception. Maybe it's not true.

The Green Bay Packers and Kansas City Chiefs face off on Monday Night Football. Titletown Soundoff went to Arrowhead Pride, r/kansascitychiefs and twitter to see Chiefs fans’ opinions on the game.

On Reddit, it appears more fans want to break Aaron Rodgers 18 home game streak of not throwing an interception than their streak of a wide receiver catching a touchdown. One such fan said “Peters intercepts Rodgers twice. Once for a pick six.” Marcus Peters is a good corner and so was Fuller last year but the Packers burned Fuller. The same could hold true for Peters.

Peters may break the record but Rodgers has only thrown one pick six in his 11-year career. If there is a DB on that team that anyone would like to see break that record it’s Eric Berry. Berry has returned from Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He is arguably one of the best stories in the NFL today.

One thing the Chiefs do have going for them is that KC is unbeaten in Wisconsin (tied 10-10 in 1973 in Milwaukee). Does this mean much? Not really, but it is bound to be a story line. Even the Chief’s official twitter account is talking about it:

The #Chiefs have never lost at Lambeau Field in the regular season 10 stats you need to know: http://t.co/8nyuxbWl3V pic.twitter.com/1i5XLG4gTW

— Kansas City Chiefs (@chiefs) September 24, 2015

On Arrowhead Pride, Chiefs fans believe Charles will go off on Green Bay’s 31st ranked rush defense and one commenter said “Matt Forte had 141 rushing yards on 24 carries and 1 TD. That is almost 6 yards a carry. Jamaal is gonna have a field day against that Run D. If Jamaal gets going, Alex will get going off the play action for some big plays. I see a 170 yard all purpose game for Jamaal and a 300 yard passing game from Alex.”

Optimistic, to say the least.

Others said they were not impressed with the Packers’ secondary. A commenter posted about the game line: “Their Secondary isn’t good: But their front 7 lit up the Seattle O-line and stuffed Lynch for a loss numerous times. I’ll chalk a lot of it up to payback, but I wouldn’t call them terribad. Their gameplan was to go all out against the run/screen and force Wilson to beat them through the air, and it worked. I would certainly expect them to do it against us and dare Smith to throw.”

While Green Bay’s seconday is certainly young with Shields, Burnett and Hayward being the elder statesmen of that group, it certainly is not bad. Damarious Randall has yet to allow a catch in his career and while Hayward and Shields have struggled at times. They are good corners. The secondary may not be as good as Talib and Harris but it’s still a very good and talented secondary.

A few Chiefs fans on twitter and Arrowhead Pride seemed surprised that Packers were 6.5 points favorites on Monday.

@ArrowheadPride wow, seems kinda high to me.

— Mike Thomas (@sigepmagicmike) September 23, 2015

In response to the same tweet, one fan said:

@ArrowheadPride that's insane. I think we lose, but it's going to be a very close game.

— Gene Pendakiwskyj (@GenePendak) September 23, 2015

It should be a close game between playoff contenders. Which streak falls? Do the Packers finally beat the Chiefs at Lambeau? Does a Chiefs’ wide receiver finally catch a touchdown pass? We shall find out in a few short hours.

Continue reading...

Ok. Now I'm officially nervous. Especially with so many injured players and Burnett pulling out of practice the other day. Having Clay in the middle helps but he can't be all things to all people and if Burnett is out or isn't up to his usual standards, I have no idea how the Pack will stop Charles.

Rodgers will help put up some points but I have my doubts that the defense can keep containment and hold Charles to minimal yards.

We'll just have to wait and see.

GO PACK GO

Back