Official Week 17 Green Bay vs Detroit Thread

Because you dont quit, you play to win every game, regardless of playoff status. Anyone healthy enough should be playing. If they weren't cleared by the medical staff, they wont / wouldn't play.
Nope guarantee you if MM was coming back and this was meaningless game players would be sitting. Adams might be playing to get his record but probably get it then go sit out rest of game.

Because you dont quit, you play to win every game, regardless of playoff status. Anyone healthy enough should be playing. If they weren't cleared by the medical staff, they wont / wouldn't play.

Why does Matt Flynn hold the record for most touchdowns by a Packers QB in one game?

Over the years, being a Packer fan meant that we would be out of the playoff race by week 8 or 9. We still used our season tickets, and went to games, because that's what Packer fans do.

I've sat in my seat in seasons where 4 or 5 wins was a reach, in blizzards that nearly obliterated the field. I sat there when roads were closing, and we were over 250 miles from home. I sat until time ran out in the 4th quarter, in games where we were blown out by 30 points.

Yes, I spoke my mind, and argued that something had to be done about the situation, and I had over 3 dozen articles I wrote posted in the old Packer Report, that arrived on our doorstep each week. I spoke out against things that bugged me on the radio, on TV, and in newspapers. It was my right... hell.... my obligation, as a loyal fan.

But, the one thing I never did was turn my back on the franchise, the players, or anyone associated with the team.

I remember standing up and giving the team a standing ovation as they trudged off the field, finally capturing their only win of the season, and seeing the reaction of the players, close up, as they sensed they were part of us, and we were part of them.

Yeah. We were losers. We had our bad days, games, and eras. But one damned thing always stood above it all.

We were Packer fans, and win, lose, or draw, we'd never walk away from them.

I have my Packer stock from every sale since I was born, in my name. I'm a charter member of the Packers Hall of Fame, because I donated heavily to help make it happen. There was so much history, and it has to be told for generations to come. My gold card pass for the rest of my life into that hall is more than enough reward in my mind.

I'll be watching the game on Sunday, and rooting for a win. I'll also be watching to see which players actually bust their arses to play the best they can. There's one thing the Packers don't need, and I don't abide. Quitters, because they make losers out of everyone around them, despite their efforts.

I started watching the packer in 1970, my dad moved the family to the new house on the edge of town and we had a livingroom with a B&W TV. An antenna on the roof that got two station from Wausau and one from Rhinelander. Most game where on ABC unless the packers where playing AFC team than the game was on CBS. Was only able to get two tickets to packer games growing up, yes it was in the 70 and 80's but people still wanted to go for the potential that this would be the week. I am split on winning because I want to obtain better draft choices and yet I agree I want the pack to do better than well, I want them to make the Lions pay for the lose in Detroit, and defend our field.

GO PACK GO

Do I want them to win sure but not at the expense of the long term and short term future of this franchise. Not just about draft picks but to protect the investment made in Rodgers, Adams etc. Football and for that matter all pro sports is a business and to that extent you need to protect that investment. I am more concerned about 2019 and beyond at this point

I don't see a way GB loses this one. No way DET should be able to beat Packers even as bad as Pack is right now.

Back