Official Week 1 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

The best way for GB to ensure a win is to keep the GB defense off the field. So eating up the clock is a great idea. They have RB/TE they can use as well. You don't always have to stretch the field to win.
Agree with the first part, disagree on the second. I think they do need to stretch the field and i think they still can and will. Might not be over the top stuff but they can use the TE and Jones to stress the defense over the middle.

i understand the safety, but don't we already have 3 healthy running backs on the 53-man?

Neither of those guys is fast enough to get deep...

Reed has good speed and Bo Melton, but Melton wasnt elevated off the practice squad. Musgrave has good speed if they have a LB on him, but a DB will keep up, although it would be a size mismatch then to. Im guessing Taylor was brought up , even though we have 3 healthy rbs on the 53 man roster because they plan to use the rbs in the pass game more. We shall see .....

Badgers coming out flat yesterday pissed me off to no end. Unfortunately, expecting Pack to do the same today. In a frickin' fowl fowl mood.

Game time temps mid 70's with sunshine. Nice day for September football.

I'd like to believe the Packers can win this one, but it's really Love's coming out party. He's gonna have some jitters, his receiving corp is dinged up, and we don't know how well the left side of our offensive line will hold up, with both members coming back from season ending injuries. It makes this game difficult, at best.

I think Love is going to have to settle for short possession type passes, and that won't be enough to move the ball of a consistent enough basis to get enough scores to win.

Back