Official Week 1 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Packers’ HC Matt LaFleur said WR Christian Watson is out for Sunday’s opener vs. Chicago and WR Romeo Doubs will be listed as questionable.

Christian Watson has been ruled OUT. Doubs is QUESTIONABLE, but likely to play.

Everyone else is good to go (Bakh, Wicks)

Watson out is a big issue, because that pretty much means Wicks or Heath will have to be installed in his spot. That's not going to invoke confidence in the coaching staff nor Love, for the portion of the game that Watson brings. I hope they spent some time preparing for this situation, because if they haven't, it could damage our air game substantially.

Watson out is a big issue, because that pretty much means Wicks or Heath will have to be installed in his spot. That's not going to invoke confidence in the coaching staff nor Love, for the portion of the game that Watson brings. I hope they spent some time preparing for this situation, because if they haven't, it could damage our air game substantially.
Watson was the deep threat. That is pretty much gone now. Can bring up the safeties play everything 15-20 yards in front of you.

Watson was the deep threat. That is pretty much gone now. Can bring up the safeties play everything 15-20 yards in front of you.

I'm sure ML will still take a few deep shots. He'll have it handled

The best way for GB to ensure a win is to keep the GB defense off the field. So eating up the clock is a great idea. They have RB/TE they can use as well. You don't always have to stretch the field to win.

Back