Official Week 1 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Hype that feeds the fan frenzy, nothing more. It helps keep seats filled, creates merchandising opportunities, and makes the players feel the love.

Beat writers know that if he fails to produce, they'll be able to turn that hype against him, and suggest he was always overrated, even though they were the ones that fed the frenzy over how good he is supposed to be.
Kind of like the Deion hype right now as well . . . . :whistle:

Can someone explain to me like I’m an idiot why Justin Fields is getting MVP talk?

For the same reason that the talking heads like Cowherd keeps putting on repeat that his group of '50 owners, coaches and insiders' list Love at as a D tier QB. Right before Baker Mayfield. lol!

Nobody knows anything, yet.

IMO.

gopackgo

For the same reason that the talking heads like Cowherd keeps putting on repeat that his group of '50 owners, coaches and insiders' list Love at as a D tier QB. Right before Baker Mayfield. lol!

Nobody knows anything, yet.

IMO.

gopackgo
Haven't listened to Cowherd in a long time. Is that really what he's saying? I mean, Love has barely had any exposure yet all these coaches and insiders already have him as a D tier QB? Now I know why I quit listening to him

Anders with the dagger, late in the 4th....Pack 27 Bears 24

Haven't listened to Cowherd in a long time. Is that really what he's saying? I mean, Love has barely had any exposure yet all these coaches and insiders already have him as a D tier QB? Now I know why I quit listening to him

Yep. That's what he's saying. Over and over and over again. He kind of hates everybody who isn't on the east or west coast.

I tend to set my channel, get to work, and then swear at everyone. LOL!

I agree with you, nobody knows how Love will play. *Nobody*

I have a lot more faith in him than I'm hearing, but that's just me. :)

I can't remember seeing so much hype around a 3-14 team that lost 13 of its last 14 games. I get they added DJ Moore but every other FA they signed is blah. The fanbase seems delusional and so does the media.

Anyway, I just want to see this team come out with its hair on fire for once. I want to see energy and tempo from them, for too long they come out collected but tentative on the road to start the season and they can never really recover.

CBS did a mock draft they had the Packers drafting before the Bears. I swear the morons who write this crap think without Lord Rodgers the Packers will just suck now. The Bumbling Bears are not going from a 3 win team to 7+ wins and GB is not going to be a 6 win team

Bears Win 20-17

Defense plays ok but offense doesn't really get going and has a TD late in the 4th. Tied 17-17 and then the defense gives up a big run to Fields and the Bears kick the winning FG to end it.

The Bears are not a good team but I just think this team is young and we will see growing pains throughout this season; especially, in the first game on the road.

Back