Official Green Bay vs Arizona Playoff Thread

The referee for this weeks game.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...e-referees-for-nfl-divisional-playoff-weekend

Referee: Clete Blakeman
2015 with Packers: No games
2015 with Cardinals: Called nine penalties on Cardinals in 39-32 victory over Seahawks in Week 10
Analysis: Blakeman's regular-season crew was relatively lenient on offensive linemen, calling just 38 offensive holding penalties. That ranked as the second fewest in the league. ... On the other hand, it was aggressive in the defensive backfield. Its combined total of 43 penalties for defensive pass interference, illegal contact and defensive holding ranked as the fourth highest.

If these trends hold true to form it can help the Packers as they may need to do a little holding to protect Aaron and I really think that defending teams have gotten away with a lot of contact against the Packers receivers this season because they are soft.

Not sure a ref will help us one way or another. Cards speed is a huge issue this week. Our DB can't grab or bump them with this crew we will get carved up on defense.

Not sure a ref will help us one way or another. Cards speed is a huge issue this week. Our DB can't grab or bump them with this crew we will get carved up on defense.

Let's hope Sam plays tomorrow.

Fantastic ! Thank you Pugger !

To me the biggest mismatch is this game in favor of the Cardinals is Mike McCarthy vs Bruce Arians.

The Packers having the best QB in all of these playoff games over the years has almost been nullified by the fact that the Packers have Mike McCarthy as their head coach.

Watching McCarthy go up against the likes of Tom Coughlin,Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll in big games has been not exactly been fun to watch as a Packer fan.

McCarthy vs Arians is a coaching match up that I am not looking forward to.

And people need to stop with saying that the Packers are playing with house money,when you have one of the best QBs in the history of football in the prime of his career you're never playing with house money.Especially with the fact Rodgers is now into his 30's.

If you lose this game today you lose another season shot at a Championship with a player in his prime who plays at a level that we will likely never see (on the Packers) again in our lifetime.

[BCOLOR=rgb(253, 250, 243)]
Packers offense needs to get rid of the ball on time and play decent. None of that 3 and out crap over and over and over. Defense needs to hold up a couple times in the redzone and maybe force a turnover or two with pressure.
[/BCOLOR]
Special teams needs to play well. If we keep it close, we should be able to bring fresh pass rushers for all four quarters and close well. Keep it close and we can win!!!
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#fdfaf3]Packers offense needs to get rid of the ball on time and play decent. None of that 3 and out crap over and over and over. Defense needs to hold up a couple times in the redzone and maybe force a turnover or two with pressure. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#fdfaf3] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#fdfaf3]Special teams needs to play well. If we keep it close, we should be able to bring fresh pass rushers for all four quarters and close well. Keep it close and we can win!!! [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#fdfaf3] [/BCOLOR]
Agreed. I hate to say it, but tempo must be metered. Arizona can throw up points. Use the running game successfully to keep that offense of the field and keep the pressure on the defense. Get that defense winded.

Last edited:
Hi all. Long time lurker. I really have no idea on this game because I think Washington was not a very good FB team. We need GB to play their best game of the year tonight. I am taking the easy way out and calling this game a toss up.

Back