Official Game 6 Green Bay vs NY Jets Thread

Lose this game, do we cut our losses, find out what we have in Jordan Love?
No. It's 6 games in and 3-3. Have to try and right the ship, get hot and roll into the playoffs. Not that it's easy to do, but it can be done.

No. It's 6 games in and 3-3. Have to try and right the ship, get hot and roll into the playoffs. Not that it's easy to do, but it can be done.

It can be done, but that's usually for teams that have played hard but have had some "tough" losses. This team just seems to have a horrible lack of talent and desire on offense, starting with bad o-line play, both physical and mental, and nearly non-existent WR contributions. I just don't see how a turn-around happens. I could be wrong.

It can be done, but that's usually for teams that have played hard but have had some "tough" losses. This team just seems to have a horrible lack of talent and desire on offense, starting with bad o-line play, both physical and mental, and nearly non-existent WR contributions. I just don't see how a turn-around happens. I could be wrong.
I'm right there with you but keeping my hope alive. My worst fear is that they take a deep slide. The locker room breaks down a bit and we see the losses pile up. I sure hope that doesn't happen but the lackluster play leaves a lot to be desired. Something is wrong internally, just my gut feeling. They are not playing as a team. Like rp, said, not playing complimentary ball.

I'm right there with you but keeping my hope alive. My worst fear is that they take a deep slide. The locker room breaks down a bit and we see the losses pile up. I sure hope that doesn't happen but the lackluster play leaves a lot to be desired. Something is wrong internally, just my gut feeling. They are not playing as a team. Like rp, said, not playing complimentary ball.
Never know, Love might be able to accurately throw to his checkdowns. Might also be willing to hit the open guy.

Be nice to sit Aaron for this next game, let his thumb heal, see what Love's got. If Love sucks shit worse than Aaron, then bring Aaron back against the Bills.

Never know, Love might be able to accurately throw to his checkdowns. Might also be willing to hit the open guy.

Be nice to sit Aaron for this next game, let his thumb heal, see what Love's got. If Love sucks shit worse than Aaron, then bring Aaron back against the Bills.
When nobody is open it’s a bit difficult. Only separation was at TE and most of that was as a 3rd option

When nobody is open it’s a bit difficult. Only separation was at TE and most of that was as a 3rd option
They say that every week, then we go back and look at the tape. We'll see this week.

They say that every week, then we go back and look at the tape. We'll see this week.
And each week WR have had issues with separation. Even the pass to 13 on the sideline, he had no release. Cobb has been the most consistent getting space he’s not a dynamic threat

I'm not going to say this season is a total loss. I remember us being 3-3, ending up a wild card entry in the playoffs, and getting a Lombardi trophy. I'll throw the towel in after they are "officially eliminated," not because they've been beaten up a little. If you played the game, you know that when you get knocked down, you have two choices. Get up and fight back, or get the hell off the field, and let someone else go out there, who wants to at least try to do the job.

My biggest concern is the potential for injury with Rodgers, and the fact that our special teams players can't get their heads out of their posteriors. They don't seem to grasp the blocking fundamentals for kicks. But, I guess that pretty much describes almost all of our blocking. Rushing Jenkins back has been a disaster for us at right tackle. Bakh is playing well below his capability as well, due to lingering effects from his injury. Both will come around, but until they do, Rodgers is going to be that kids punching bag that you hit and it pops back up.

If I was to point at one specific thing that concerns me, is if any of the coaches, or all of them, lose control of their groups, or the locker room. That's the quickest way to end a season early.

Back