Official Game 6 Green Bay vs NY Jets Thread

I did in shout earlier but it reset:)

The awful WR Corp is 100% on Gutey. As is the dreadful depth on OL...

I also blame Gutey and Murphy for Barry. That's all ML could get at that point. And I'm willing to bet it took so long to fire Pettine because G and M wouldn't let it happen sooner. Then they lowballed the guy ML wanted.

The cracks many saw several years ago when Murphy went on his power trip are starting to get bigger. When this collapses its gonna get ugly. And that will be sooner rather than later.

This is a complete organizational issue from top down. It's what happens when your organization gets too inbred. Lack of fresh ideas makes things stale and makes for a great echo chamber.
One thing.

For years fans screamed to kick the can down the road , let’s go all in. And guess what? Gute , Murphy and Ball did just that and that caused some of current roster issues. We went out and paid for the Smiths, extended Rodgers, Jones , Bak, Clark. They also did a very “UN Packer Like” move by adding void years to contracts. To be fair, Covid did havoc on the cap for a year and caused some restructure pain. Did they neglect WR? Yes they did.

More and more it’s getting clear that this team is in a reset. Your QB’s skill is probably not going to be all world again due to Father Time, your all pro LT is now close to a shell of what he was….oh your paying a significant amount of money to those 2 now, you lost an All Pro WR, you have a lock down CB you paid as a lock down CB but he’s playing off coverage, ST has been a mess for years. I could play Monday morning QB and say this reset should have happened 2 years ago but they went “all in” instead.

Last edited:
Packers’ HC Matt LaFleur told reporters that QB Aaron Rodgers will not practice today due to a thumb injury, but he added “we don't have much concern as far as gameday.”

Keith Hernandez always said that if you injure a hamstring you have to rest it for 4 weeks, because you're almost guaranteed to re-injure it and then it'll be an issue for 8 weeks. Watson may be active for whatever amount of games this year, and I know it's still relatively early in the season, but at this point I'd say his rookie year is just going to be a bit of a wash due to these leg injuries compounding. He was really behind the 8 ball with the knee scope that washed away his camp and he's not been able to catch up.
Get Tramon's yoga instructor on the phone.

Packers’ HC Matt LaFleur told reporters that QB Aaron Rodgers will not practice today due to a thumb injury, but he added “we don't have much concern as far as gameday.”
Good. Get 10 ready.

Keith Hernandez always said that if you injure a hamstring you have to rest it for 4 weeks, because you're almost guaranteed to re-injure it and then it'll be an issue for 8 weeks. Watson may be active for whatever amount of games this year, and I know it's still relatively early in the season, but at this point I'd say his rookie year is just going to be a bit of a wash due to these leg injuries compounding. He was really behind the 8 ball with the knee scope that washed away his camp and he's not been able to catch up.
You mean former Met great first baseman Keith Hernandez?

Hmmm

Defensive backs coach Jerry Gray was asked why his secondary hasn’t played more aggressively this season. Given the chance to back his system, he deferred the question to Barry.

“I know coach Barry is going to be up here,” Gray said, “and he’s the architect. He’s the defensive coordinator. So I know you’ll get those questions (Thursday), and he’ll answer those – especially the schematic part. Now as far as the defensive backs, we’ve got to be more aggressive ourselves, and not sit back and not sit there and wait for schematic to tell us what to do.”

So simply Barry is an ahole who thinks is crappy system works and refuses to make changes despite coaches and players seeing it does not. This is on ML and Gute if the Barry is refusing to make adjustments to his system he should be fired and someone like Gray promoted to DC

One thing.

For years fans screamed to kick the can down the road , let’s go all in. And guess what? Gute , Murphy and Ball did just that and that caused some of current roster issues. We went out and paid for the Smiths, extended Rodgers, Jones , Bak, Clark. They also did a very “UN Packer Like” move by adding void years to contracts. To be fair, Covid did havoc on the cap for a year and caused some restructure pain. Did they neglect WR? Yes they did.

More and more it’s getting clear that this team is in a reset. Your QB’s skill is probably not going to be all world again due to Father Time, your all pro LT is now close to a shell of what he was….oh your paying a significant amount of money to those 2 now, you lost an All Pro WR, you have a lock down CB you paid as a lock down CB but he’s playing off coverage, ST has been a mess for years. I could play Monday morning QB and say this reset should have happened 2 years ago but they went “all in” instead.
Yes they did go all in and I maintain it was worth it, regardless of whatever pain comes down the road.

Yes they did go all in and I maintain it was worth it, regardless of whatever pain comes down the road.
Don’t disagree at all. They rolled the dice. Just saying in retrospect and 20/20 hindsight they could have reset a few years ago.

Like it or not that group gave you the best chance to win

Back