Official Game 5 Green Bay vs NY Giants Thread

I believe the league "owns" the 17th game, therefore they have the option of scheduling it anywhere they want. Each team gets 8 at home, and has nothing to complain about. They've lost nothing.

That's just GB being tight asses and not wanting to spend money for hotels for a week. They should have spent more time there. That's the point of it. To spread NFL. Should have given them time to be out in public. It takes a good day or so to get over jet lag anyway. Only having a few days there is not going to do them any favors. Short sighted move by FO.
i don't know if this is true or not, but i remember hearing that analytics show that teams that arrive at international game sites on friday have the best record of winning. or something to that effect. and mlf is an analytics guy.

i don't know if this is true or not, but i remember hearing that analytics show that teams that arrive at international game sites on friday have the best record of winning. or something to that effect. and mlf is an analytics guy.
It’s interesting, I do see that most teams like to travel from the east coast on Thursday in order to land in England early Friday, then do a soft practice and try to go to bed regular time that night, but I don’t see the study backing it up. I’m sure teams have access to that data. There does seem to be some question about teams from the west coast, it looks like they usually go out earlier because 6 hr time distance from the east coast is different than 9 from the west

Analytics is part of what is ruining football.

This is smooth Jimmy's lock of the week. GB by 17...
I don’t think this team can win by 17 against anyone. They may win every game the rest of the year and never win by more than 2 scores

I don’t think this team can win by 17 against anyone. They may win every game the rest of the year and never win by more than 2 scores
The offense just needs to kick it into gear. And by that I mean our QB.

Fair point, I should say “as currently stands.” Maybe they start hitting Watson on some deep shots and it changes everything.
Hit him on some deep crossers. The over the shoulder thing adds an extra degree of difficulty. James Jones went through an early period where he struggled with that too.

Build his confidence up.

Back