Official Divisional Playoff Green Bay vs LA Thread

Dillon won't play much if any, unless the Packers see that the Rams aren't blitzing. His biggest weakness is identifying who to block and when. When he can handle the multiple choices of each play based on what develops in front of him, he'll be ready. Until then, he's kind of a liability if he isn't carrying the ball.
Exactly and let me add he is not great catching the ball out of the backfield

so to summarize, dillon can't read a defense, can't pick up a blitz and can't catch a pass. excellent candidate for a second round draft pick, wouldn't you say?

Game-time weather tomorrow: High 36, low 34, wet and possibly sloppy. 50% chance of intermittent snow/rain showers during game, it will be wet and foggy. Wet ball may affect Goff with his thumb, but unfortunately cold and wind shouldn't be a factor. It will be slippery but very comfortable out with light 10mph winds.
I’ve had wet hands when it’s 34-36 degrees outside and it’s not exactly comfy.

so to summarize, dillon can't read a defense, can't pick up a blitz and can't catch a pass. excellent candidate for a second round draft pick, wouldn't you say?
To a degree, what you said is right. There's also the issue of not being able to read the blocks when he's carrying the ball. He has to be able to sense what the O-linemen can do with their blocks, and arrive at the cracks they open at the right time. He'll learn when to hesitate, and when to go all out into the line. It takes time.

By next year, most of what he's going to be able to comprehend will be there. We can expect him to work on it until they open camp next season. We have to remember that these guys went in with relatively zero time being taught what's expected of them. They have to learn on the fly, and not everyone jumps on it and gets it immediately.

Does this mean he won't be a decent back? Nope! I'll wait and see what he's doing when he takes the field next year. Not everyone was sold on Jones either, when he was just starting out. It takes a little time to get into the rhythm of the game.

Exactly. With the surgery, that thumb is going to be throbbing like he has a jackhammer inside, whacking on the knuckle. It could well effect the grip enough that an occasional ball could sail, and end up in the hands of a Packer defender. It could also lead to him dropping a long snap.

I have a hunch they'll be using shorter passes to insure he don't throw them up for grabs.

My pick: Packers 38 Rams 24

Depends. You can learn to pick up a blitz. Not the first high drafted back who has that issue. Same with catching out of backfield, Jon Taylor is average at best in that category, he’s got better but...

I must be well acclimated - sweatshirt weather for me! Cold and wet will affect Goff, especially with his thumb. They were talking on Green Bay's sports radio The Fan yesterday about how small Goff's hands were, and Rodgers liking wet and cold because it doesn't affect him like it does opposing QBs. If that's the case it makes Rams offense even more one dimensional with Goff. We'll see.

They also discussed Adams' ability on a slippery surface and how that may aid him against Ramsey. It will be a fun matchup to watch!

Reactions: TW
GB can NOT afford a bunch of injuries at all. Zero margin of error on that front.

this is what scares me about the covid exposure (veldheer). if we lose a few key players for the next playoff game - whoever that turns out to be - we are hosed.

but we can't worry about that now. packers need to focus on tomorrow.

Back