Official 2019 Week 10 Green Bay vs Carolina Thread

The draft beckons.
Take Martinez’s replacement somewhere in the first 3 rounds

Every team in the league wants a game changing ilb. Problem is they dont grow on trees. To say just draft one early doesnt meant that guy is the next all pro. There are only a few game changing ilb in this league. Read that again. Only a few.

There is 1 guy i feel is that guy next draft that will be a star. The rest can be good but dylan Moses will be special. Hes hurt now so mayne that has him drop but this kid is everything you want.

Big picture our dl needs to play better also. We also played well with 2 ilbers on the field last week. Need more of these 2 things

Every team in the league wants a game changing ilb. Problem is they dont grow on trees. To say just draft one early doesnt meant that guy is the next all pro. There are only a few game changing ilb in this league. Read that again. Only a few.

There is 1 guy i feel is that guy next draft that will be a star. The rest can be good but dylan Moses will be special. Hes hurt now so mayne that has him drop but this kid is everything you want.

Big picture our dl needs to play better also. We also played well with 2 ilbers on the field last week. Need more of these 2 things
I saw one that thinks Moses will still go first round despite not playing this year. They said had he played probably would have been a top 10 player but still worth taking in the 20s based on talent.

The draft beckons.
Take Martinez’s replacement somewhere in the first 3 rounds
Martinez is gone either way. He's gonna get paid.

We need Bulaga's replacement in the 1st. We'll need a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

Packers need more then just 1 ILB right now Martinez is ok and we have bums playing next to him.

I saw one that thinks Moses will still go first round despite not playing this year. They said had he played probably would have been a top 10 player but still worth taking in the 20s based on talent.
Hes going round 1 no doubt. I meant he may fall out of top 15

Why not consider bringing back former Packer Joe Thomas (currently with Dallas). He's an UFA next year.
OTC currently ranks him #36 out of 142 ILB's. By comparison, OTC ranks Martinez as #99 out of 142 ILB's.
OTC gives Thomas a valuation of $2.95M for a contract. He's 28 years old but should still have tread on the tires. He'd be a stop gap, as you would want to draft another ILB in 2020, while Burks and the others get a chance to try and develop more.

Krys Barnes (UCLA) is an ILB that could make sense in the draft. Likely a 2nd/3rd round pick, unless he times sub 4.6 "40" at the Combine. He's solid against both run and pass.

Krys Barnes 2019

Goes to show that those rankings dont mean much. Thomas has 13 tackles on the year. Hes not playing but a few snaps. I'm for kicking tires anywhere but hes nit starting anywhere now

Any ILB will take a year to develop. Maybe two.

Back