Official 2016 Week 1 Green Bay vs Jacksonville Thread

Good thoughts TW. My concern as been stated in regards to Jordy and the rest of the Corps so I won't keep pounding on that drum so I'll switch it over to the run game. Establishing Lacy, early on in the season, coupled with better TE play, the Pack may not have to rely so much on the up and down nature of the WRs. Again, one can point to the fact that most of the WRs were banged up last year. Could have been a perfect storm. My thoughts are that it wasn't but it won't be totally exposed as such if Cook and Lacy get it cranked up.

Hot day. New OL configuration. Missing one of the OL leaders. Rust. Starters haven't played together... DL suspect.

Jags 27 Packers 17

http://blog.packers.com/2016/09/10/...ury-report/?campaign=sf35592407_FB_sf35592407

Packers add T David Bakhtiari to injury report
Posted by Wes Hodkiewicz on September 10, 2016 – 1:40 pm

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. — The Packers added left tackle David Bakhtiari (back) to the injury report on Saturday. He’s questionable to play in Sunday’s opener against Jacksonville.

Bakhtiari has started 46 of a possible 48 regular-season games in his first three NFL seasons. He missed three starts last year (including playoffs) with an ankle injury, but didn’t miss a practice during training camp.

Rookie second-round pick Jason Spriggs is listed as the backup left tackle on the Packers’ depth chart.

The rest of the Packers’ injury report remains the same with tight end Justin Perillo (knee) and receiver Jeff Janis (hand) also questionable. Linebacker Jayrone Elliott (hamstring), safety Chris Banjo (hamstring) and receiver Trevor Davis (shoulder) are all listed as doubtful.

Rookie cornerback Josh Hawkins (hamstring) was ruled out on Friday.

Roll away from the pressure. Rodgers is one of the best I've ever seen when throwing on roll outs. This limits the amount of exposure he has to poor blocking, and it gives the coaches enough time to upgrade the play of the linemen by minor adjustments of the assignments, and using chip blocks to help them.

It's always difficult playing with a short handed line, but I don't think we're taking a major dip if the Packers need to cover for the loss of Bakhtiari.

Just guessing here.... They will use Spriggs at LT. Big, strong, long arms, doesn't have the best footwork for a LT. Yet, they believe in him, and it could be an audition as to what happens next year, if they don't resign Bakhtiari.

hmmm . . . well, from what i saw of spriggs against the raiders' kahlil mack, he has a long way to go before he is a starter in the nfl. i think he would be a big step down from bakht - who is only an average left tackle. and if it was just the lost of bakht, maybe we would be okay, but let's not forget that we are also going to be playing our fist game without 3-time pro-bowl guard josh sitton. suddenly, the whole left side is suspect if you ask me. and that's rodgers' blind side.

Roll away from the pressure. Rodgers is one of the best I've ever seen when throwing on roll outs. This limits the amount of exposure he has to poor blocking, and it gives the coaches enough time to upgrade the play of the linemen by minor adjustments of the assignments, and using chip blocks to help them.

It's always difficult playing with a short handed line, but I don't think we're taking a major dip if the Packers need to cover for the loss of Bakhtiari.

Just guessing here.... They will use Spriggs at LT. Big, strong, long arms, doesn't have the best footwork for a LT. Yet, they believe in him, and it could be an audition as to what happens next year, if they don't resign Bakhtiari.

They need to cover the loss of BOTH Sitton and Bahk now. Ouch... The guy replacing Sitton was already going to need help. If Bahk can't go now you have the need for help at 2 OL positions.

They need to cover the loss of BOTH Sitton and Bahk now. Ouch... The guy replacing Sitton was already going to need help. If Bahk can't go now you have the need for help at 2 OL positions.
Like a made for TV soap opera....ooh the intrigue to start the season. On the other hand, this could be a media blitz by MM and Co. so that when Bahk does go, We'll forget all about Sutton or was it Sutton? See, it already started working.

What we will miss most against the Jags is Kuhn. He would be the guy I'd most like seeing getting those key blocks off the left side, when someone gets through. I'm not sold on Ripkowski. I think keeping him and letting Kuhn go was another of those "moneyball things" where they look at return on investment.

They may struggle during the first quarter, but after that, you'll see vast improvements. We might see a lot of Cook ending up blocking to the left.

What we will miss most against the Jags is Kuhn. He would be the guy I'd most like seeing getting those key blocks off the left side, when someone gets through. I'm not sold on Ripkowski. I think keeping him and letting Kuhn go was another of those "moneyball things" where they look at return on investment.

They may struggle during the first quarter, but after that, you'll see vast improvements. We might see a lot of Cook ending up blocking to the left.

Kuhn is old he's 34 or 35 years old had to move on at some point.

I think it may take a quarter or two for MM to adjust. Sometimes I get the feeling like he comes out to show the world that he's knows his way works until proven wrong. I suspect it's a little bit of the Pittsburgh macho that wants to show everyone that this team will be alright without extra protection.

Back