Official 2016 Packers Training Camp Thread

i would put callahan up against almost any other team's backup qb, and i don't think there's better vet available out there at this point.

I'll take 75% of nfl backups over Callahan to be honest and that's being conservative

I'll take 75% of nfl backups over Callahan to be honest and that's being conservative

well, you're certainly entitled to that opinion, but callahan outperformed many starting qbs in preseason games and he played a large chunk of his snaps against first string competition. i will agree to disagree with your opinion.

well, you're certainly entitled to that opinion, but callahan outperformed many starting qbs in preseason games and he played a large chunk of his snaps against first string competition. i will agree to disagree with your opinion.

I want a guy who has seen live bullets in the regular season. Stats in preseason I take with a grain of salt vanilla schemes on both sides.

vanilla schemes on both sides

I like Callahan too, mostly b/c he'll get to spend the rest of his life saying he was a starting QB for the Packers, but I would be worried about him in the regular season .

MM does not have a track record for making things less complicated once the games count.

MM doesnt think like us. I think Callahan is our guy. And given our O line and lack of playmakers on offense, I fear we may be seing him for a few games this season. Rodgers is gonna get hit a lot.

MM doesnt think like us. I think Callahan is our guy. And given our O line and lack of playmakers on offense, I fear we may be seing him for a few games this season. Rodgers is gonna get hit a lot.

Unless Hunley is hurt there is no way you play Callahan over him. I think you put Callahan in a real game he throws 5 INTs in the game.

Unless Hunley is hurt there is no way you play Callahan over him. I think you put Callahan in a real game he throws 5 INTs in the game.

what are you basing that on? he threw 88 passes in preseason with 3 tds and zero ints. i'm not saying he's perfect, but he seems to have demonstrated that he is careful with the ball.

what are you basing that on? he threw 88 passes in preseason with 3 tds and zero ints. i'm not saying he's perfect, but he seems to have demonstrated that he is careful with the ball.

He got pushed out of the pocket a lot so I could see him making a risky throw or worse yet trying to take off with the ball and a LB getting a free shot on him

Also don't know how people think a D3 QB with one pre-season under him would be better then Hundley that confuses me. Hundley had a ankle issue but if he's healthy and something happens to Rodgers you have to give Hundley the benefit of the doubt and give him first shot.

He got pushed out of the pocket a lot so I could see him making a risky throw or worse yet trying to take off with the ball and a LB getting a free shot on him

Also don't know how people think a D3 QB with one pre-season under him would be better then Hundley that confuses me. Hundley had a ankle issue but if he's healthy and something happens to Rodgers you have to give Hundley the benefit of the doubt and give him first shot.

oh, no no no. i never said he would be better than hundley. but hundley is hurt. please don't misunderstand me. i still think hundley will be a starter some day . . . if he's given the right opportunity.

Back