NFL tells NFLPA have players interview or else

I'm not siding with the players. It deals with probable cause. The Brady ruling was because he tossed out his phone text messages before they could read them or something like that. What's happening here is the NFL (GodRoger) wants to interview/interrogate them about a 'story' published by Al Jezeera. AJ's source has recanted and admitted he made it up. So the Commish wants to force them to answer for something that didn't happen. So if this is okay and the league can take any rumor or comment as a means for interrogation, well you can imagine what will happen down the road. All you have to do is 'leak' a rumor and the League office will conduct 'interviews' or you WILL be suspended. So, say before a playoff game a 'story' comes up that Michael Bennett (Seahawks) was smoking weed and the Commish has to interview him before the game, for the good of the game, or he will be suspended. It is a downward spiral. This is a little different (PEDs) than the Brady instance, but GodRoger is trying to use that ruling to RULE. The PEDs part of the CBA says credible evidence= there is none in this instance.

Credible evidence doesn't matter to Goodell.

That's why you'll see an injunction filed from the NFLPA. They really can't let this keep going.

As to the next CBA / Proxy War.

Spoke with a good friend who is a retired nfl player who is very active with the NFLPA. His sense is the NFLPA may not challenge the Commissioners power much because they would have to give up too much on return. Will they ask yes but may not be a big challenges. Lot of eyes on NBA now if owners opt out. NBA is a even 50/50 on revenue. Something to keep an eye on

As to the next CBA / Proxy War.

Spoke with a good friend who is a retired nfl player who is very active with the NFLPA. His sense is the NFLPA may not challenge the Commissioners power much because they would have to give up too much on return. Will they ask yes but may not be a big challenges. Lot of eyes on NBA now if owners opt out. NBA is a even 50/50 on revenue. Something to keep an eye on

Lot of people said this why give up something to get power back when only a small fraction of players get in trouble. Why should majority give something to benefit trouble makers.

I think if owners will want something major like a 18 game schedule they will have to give up a couple percent of revenue and share it 50/50

Forget the "credible evidence " nonsense. I'll repeat Jblood post. They all have "conduct detrimental to the league" language written in their contracts with their own signatures on it, the NFLPA conceded this for other things.

I'll say again get your dead arse in front of the league official, interview and stop with codswallop.

Right now those 4 players have to look out what's best for themselves and their teams. If the players want to talk tell the union to kiss their butts they are talking to the NFL so they can play if the union does not like it tough go kick them out of the union then or go cry into a towel. They should not have to scarfice because the union leadership was inept during the CBA.

Back