NFL tells NFLPA have players interview or else

Right now those 4 players have to look out what's best for themselves and their teams. If the players want to talk tell the union to kiss their butts they are talking to the NFL so they can play if the union does not like it tough go kick them out of the union then or go cry into a towel. They should not have to scarfice because the union leadership was inept during the CBA.
Rule 1. You never get interviewed without representation.

We are all speculating. Let it play out.

Rule 1. You never get interviewed without representation.

We are all speculating. Let it play out.

Of course they have a lawyer but if the NFLPA is saying don't talk no matter what we will try suing if they suspend you do the players want to risk that they could win?

Of course they have a lawyer but if the NFLPA is saying don't talk no matter what we will try suing if they suspend you do the players want to risk that they could win?
Sue for what? They won't win precident is set.

Let's be honest here. Both parties know PEDS exist. If the NFL is doing an investigation you damn well know the NFLPA is also.

Sue for what? They won't win precident is set.

Let's be honest here. Both parties know PEDS exist. If the NFL is doing an investigation you damn well know the NFLPA is also.

Of Course I said and will say again NFLPA is only against HGH testing because they know high number of players are on it and will get busted. Once players find new drug to use and stop using HGH NFLPA will say go ahead test us we are clean.

I'm of the opinion that there is probably no middle ground here, the league either "has" something on these guys and is looking to trap them in lies to deepen the suspensions and they are trying to get information on how they are getting away with it and passing tests, or they've got absolutely nothing and are fishing for a way to suspend these guys if something goes wonky in the interviews.

If they've got squat, they just want to push the boundaries of their power (their = Roger). The jsonline article makes it clear - the league can do their damn investigation and suspend them or not suspend them. The fact that it hasn't already happened means they have squat or they already have what they need and want the players to confess AND talk about the process.

They passed on Manning because there is no upside. He's still the face of the league for now and they can't suspend him to make a point with other players. That was the only reason they handled the Brady case the way they did - to prove omnipotence in all matters "NFL".

Aaron Rodgers: It’s on us if Goodell is judge, jury and executioner

Beyond saying the team supports the players, Packers General Manager Ted Thompson didn’t share any thoughts about the league’s threat to suspend linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers for conduct detrimental to the league if they don’t sit for interviews regarding PED accusations.
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers went quite a bit further during a Wednesday appearance on “The Jim Rome Show.” Rodgers said he thinks it sets a “bad precedent” if the league gives credit to “any wild accusation” and that it looks bad for the league to press the issue once they’ve already cleared Peyton Manning after he was included in the same Al-Jazeera America report naming his teammates.
None of that is stopping the league from pursuing the matter, something that Rodgers says the players shoulder blame for because they agreed to a Collective Bargaining Agreement that gives NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell disciplinary powers that have been affirmed by two different appeals courts this year.
“If it is the case [that Goodell has too much power], we have nobody to blame but ourselves because we had the opportunity in the CBA to make some legitimate changes to that,” Rodgers said. “I think there’s probably too much pressure to come back to a deal when we had all the power on our side and that was something we should have had negotiated into the CBA, because this shouldn’t be someone who is judge, jury, and executioner.”
The current CBA runs through 2020 and the players will have their chance to make the discipline issue a major talking point during the next round of negotiations. Getting the changes they seek will likely take more resolve than Rodgers feels they showed in the last round of talks, however, and the prospect of missing paychecks is an uncomfortable one for a great many players.

I was a police officer. One of my jobs was investigating possible crimes. We often received information from unknown sources. This isn't much different. When we received this information. Sometimes the clue that there was a possible crime came from someone making a comment in the newspaper, or it was overheard by a third party.

We didn't dismiss these things as if they didn't matter. We followed up on the "allegation." After doing an initial search of readily available information that was out there and readily available, we interviewed the person or people who were alleged to have committed said crime. We did not have a case that could go to court. It was a preliminary investigation, and even when we interviewed the people, they were not obligated to answer any of our questions.

But!! Let me emphasize this. But!! I never had one case in the dozens I investigated where the alleged criminal refused to answer questions, and/or had an attorney present, who didn't end up with dirty hands. Their failure to step forward and answer questions automatically becomes a red flag, and we started digging to find information that they usually didn't want us to find.

I had one case, where the guy had allegedly committed a burglary. He refused to talk to me. So, I began an investigation, and lo and behold, he was innocent of "that charge." What I did find out though was that he was having an affair with an under age girl, and was a go between in drug deals. It's amazing what comes up when you turn over a lot of rocks. Who knows if this guy would have ever been caught, for what he was doing.

I'm just saying that the failure of these guys to step forward and tell the truth does nothing to show they are innocent. If there's nothing to hide, there's nothing to hide.

I don't hold these players in awe, as if they were above everyone else. I look at them as what they really are. Guys who are paid a king's ransom to do a job that over half of American men would be willing to do for 10% of what they make. They spend years being pampered, and treated like they are above reproach, and they shouldn't be. If they were treated the same as every other American, this whole thing would have been resolved, and more than likely dismissed with a comment from the league that there was no reason to suspect these men did anything wrong.

But, that won't happen as long as people hold them up as "heroes." They're football players. Not perfect human beings who shouldn't be required to live by rules.

Just an opinion. We all have one.

From a sports attorney on the issue

Short careers make for difficult choices. Protect every game for self or fight for rights of future players?

I was a police officer. One of my jobs was investigating possible crimes. We often received information from unknown sources. This isn't much different. When we received this information. Sometimes the clue that there was a possible crime came from someone making a comment in the newspaper, or it was overheard by a third party.

We didn't dismiss these things as if they didn't matter. We followed up on the "allegation." After doing an initial search of readily available information that was out there and readily available, we interviewed the person or people who were alleged to have committed said crime. We did not have a case that could go to court. It was a preliminary investigation, and even when we interviewed the people, they were not obligated to answer any of our questions.

But!! Let me emphasize this. But!! I never had one case in the dozens I investigated where the alleged criminal refused to answer questions, and/or had an attorney present, who didn't end up with dirty hands. Their failure to step forward and answer questions automatically becomes a red flag, and we started digging to find information that they usually didn't want us to find.

I had one case, where the guy had allegedly committed a burglary. He refused to talk to me. So, I began an investigation, and lo and behold, he was innocent of "that charge." What I did find out though was that he was having an affair with an under age girl, and was a go between in drug deals. It's amazing what comes up when you turn over a lot of rocks. Who knows if this guy would have ever been caught, for what he was doing.

I'm just saying that the failure of these guys to step forward and tell the truth does nothing to show they are innocent. If there's nothing to hide, there's nothing to hide.

I don't hold these players in awe, as if they were above everyone else. I look at them as what they really are. Guys who are paid a king's ransom to do a job that over half of American men would be willing to do for 10% of what they make. They spend years being pampered, and treated like they are above reproach, and they shouldn't be. If they were treated the same as every other American, this whole thing would have been resolved, and more than likely dismissed with a comment from the league that there was no reason to suspect these men did anything wrong.

But, that won't happen as long as people hold them up as "heroes." They're football players. Not perfect human beings who shouldn't be required to live by rules.

Just an opinion. We all have one.
As you surely know sir, when investigations are done people start to yap - you just said it yourself.
Mike Neal is a free agent now and might implicate both Matthews and Peppers, and in my books that would stink badly.

Bottom line for this Packer fan is we don't need either of these 2 players out of the lineup. tc(

Last edited:
Back