NFL tells NFLPA have players interview or else

Reports are that no new evidence came to light or was presented at player interviews. NFL has nothing but discredited AJ report. I expect these guys to be cleared soon, though knowing Goodell he'll suspend them a game each for daring to not bend the knee immedietely.

The biggest issue is they now have a record of the players denying they knew the guy and if the NFL keeps investigating Sly and they find a connection it is lights out for Matthews, Peppers and Harrison.

Reports are that no new evidence came to light or was presented at player interviews. NFL has nothing but discredited AJ report. I expect these guys to be cleared soon, though knowing Goodell he'll suspend them a game each for daring to not bend the knee immedietely.
This isn't a big surprise but it is still a relief to learn.

The biggest issue is they now have a record of the players denying they knew the guy and if the NFL keeps investigating Sly and they find a connection it is lights out for Matthews, Peppers and Harrison.
The lights out comment raises a good point.

and once again al jazeera is proven to be a completely unreliable and unethical "news" source. that story should have never seen the light of day.

I just wish they would have stepped forward and answered the questions. Al Jazeera is a joke, no doubt about it.

If these guys all stepped forward promptly, the whole story would have been gone. Now there will always be a couple of questions out there for people to question.

I know one thing for certain. I'm glad to see we're not going to start the season without our bookend Linebackers!

From what I've read the players wanted to clear their names but agreed with the NFLPA that this was a slippery slope. I can understand it if the players had failed a drug test but they didn't. The league only had the retracted accusation from a media source. Now can any rumor or innuendo result in a full fledged investigation and the Spanish Inquisition? sh))

Back