Next Badgers Football Coach

Plausible but you can still make the back door call and play it out. He elevated Jimmy and like it or not optics matter. If LL gets the gig and Jimmy goes 4-3 and very competitive a few folks won’t be happy. And I’m not talking fans either
to be frank it's time for those people to shut it....

to be frank it's time for those people to shut it....
Probably but PC was popular with player and some of the comments / interviews this week did not give me hope that mentally this group is going to show up Saturday. As to Jimmy, he probably more “Wisconsin” than PC. And also the kids love him. Personally I would like to move on from the Wisconsin ties / family narrative which is why no candidate on the list make me jump with joy. And yeah I don’t trust McIntosh

Probably but PC was popular with player and some of the comments / interviews this week did not give me hope that mentally this group is going to show up Saturday. As to Jimmy, he probably more “Wisconsin” than PC. And also the kids love him. Personally I would like to move on from the Wisconsin ties / family narrative which is why no candidate on the list make me jump with joy. And yeah I don’t trust McIntosh
I think the players will show up Saturday, and play their best game of the year. I believe the defense will rally to Leonhard in support, and I think that the offense will rise to the occasion to show they aren't the problem. Of course the Wildcats aren't a strong test of what they can do, and that helps.

As far as the empathy shown by the players, I believe they really did like, and appreciate Chryst. But, the statements being made are more of an emotional reaction than one that comes from sincerity. They're going to play for themselves. They're going to play hard. Count on it.

I think the players will show up Saturday, and play their best game of the year. I believe the defense will rally to Leonhard in support, and I think that the offense will rise to the occasion to show they aren't the problem. Of course the Wildcats aren't a strong test of what they can do, and that helps.

As far as the empathy shown by the players, I believe they really did like, and appreciate Chryst. But, the statements being made are more of an emotional reaction than one that comes from sincerity. They're going to play for themselves. They're going to play hard. Count on it.
I hope so, but 19, 20 year old kids are unpredictable. JL alluded to it a couple of times this week that managing emotions is difficult. I would feel much more comfortable if there was some obvious leadership on the team but I don’t sense it. If there was the 2nd half vs Illinois might have been different

First of all, I don't believe the kids playing defense had any more allegiance to Chryst than they do to their position coaches and Leonhard. They're the ones they spend their time with, and still spend their time with them. That accounts for roughly half the team. On the other side of the ball, their allegiance would be to their position coaches, and the OC, but not nearly as strong with the HC.

I don't believe for a heartbeat that these players went to Wisconsin to worship at the feet of Paul Chryst. I believe they went there to play football, and to some of them, actually a lot of them, this has become audition time, because next year things will be different, and you want to make sure your name appears on the list of players who are called "team players," not "malcontents." Then there's those, hoping to take the next step, into the pros. Does anyone believe for a moment they'd sit down on the job and not do their best? I know I don't.

I was OC on a team where the coach was fired early in the season, many years ago. People thought the players would revolt. That they'd walk off. On the contrary. They came to us and told us they wanted to win, and wanted us to do whatever was necessary to make it happen. They dedicated the rest of the season to becoming a better football team, and we dedicated it to helping them get there. They did improve, and we won a few games that nobody expected us to win.

What we're going to find out on Saturday is just how much respect the players have for themselves, and the coaches that are still there.

Personally, I believe they'll pass the test with flying colors.

And by the way, leadership is inspired by leadership. The leadership the coaches show will directly influence the players, and those who can step up and lead. It may come from some areas nobody thought of.

First of all, I don't believe the kids playing defense had any more allegiance to Chryst than they do to their position coaches and Leonhard. They're the ones they spend their time with, and still spend their time with them. That accounts for roughly half the team. On the other side of the ball, their allegiance would be to their position coaches, and the OC, but not nearly as strong with the HC.

I don't believe for a heartbeat that these players went to Wisconsin to worship at the feet of Paul Chryst. I believe they went there to play football, and to some of them, actually a lot of them, this has become audition time, because next year things will be different, and you want to make sure your name appears on the list of players who are called "team players," not "malcontents." Then there's those, hoping to take the next step, into the pros. Does anyone believe for a moment they'd sit down on the job and not do their best? I know I don't.

I was OC on a team where the coach was fired early in the season, many years ago. People thought the players would revolt. That they'd walk off. On the contrary. They came to us and told us they wanted to win, and wanted us to do whatever was necessary to make it happen. They dedicated the rest of the season to becoming a better football team, and we dedicated it to helping them get there. They did improve, and we won a few games that nobody expected us to win.

What we're going to find out on Saturday is just how much respect the players have for themselves, and the coaches that are still there.

Personally, I believe they'll pass the test with flying colors.

And by the way, leadership is inspired by leadership. The leadership the coaches show will directly influence the players, and those who can step up and lead. It may come from some areas nobody thought of.
Based on some comments / interviews with players this week I would have to respectfully disagree even on the defensive side of the ball. Do I think they will sit down on the job? No that’s not what I was alluding to.

If this was the NFL I would 100% agree with your post, it’s a business. At the D1 level it’s different. Many have said in interviews that they went to Wisconsin to play for PC. Even many of the comments in Temple’s piece in the Athletic pointed to that. Even Jimmy L said many times this week we was very concerned about the teams emotions.

19 & 20 year old kids are unpredictable. They could come out and play one for the coach. They could come out with a lack of focus and crap the bed. And let’s be honest. The talent level on this team is not what it was last year especially on defense.

I will post something later today on some thoughts on McIntosh and how he handed it. Based on Temples article and also MJS, PC and the coaches were blindsided by this. And probably players were also.

The best thing about this weekend is it’s a road game. Gets the kids out of Madison. I have no clue how they react, hopefully with some anger.

Based on some comments / interviews with players this week I would have to respectfully disagree even on the defensive side of the ball. Do I think they will sit down on the job? No that’s not what I was alluding to.

If this was the NFL I would 100% agree with your post, it’s a business. At the D1 level it’s different. Many have said in interviews that they went to Wisconsin to play for PC. Even many of the comments in Temple’s piece in the Athletic pointed to that. Even Jimmy L said many times this week we was very concerned about the teams emotions.

19 & 20 year old kids are unpredictable. They could come out and play one for the coach. They could come out with a lack of focus and crap the bed. And let’s be honest. The talent level on this team is not what it was last year especially on defense.

I will post something later today on some thoughts on McIntosh and how he handed it. Based on Temples article and also MJS, PC and the coaches were blindsided by this. And probably players were also.

The best thing about this weekend is it’s a road game. Gets the kids out of Madison. I have no clue how they react, hopefully with some anger.
I have a pretty good idea what the statements meant. As good of an idea as you have. You're no better at judging them than I am.

I still say the allegiances these kids have at this point is closer to their position coaches than the head coach. But, that's just an opinion, just like yours.

Back