Next Badgers Football Coach

So if Leonard gets the HC job who would be a guy he should bring in to run the offense? I have seen some say bring back Bevell to be the OC. Would he be a fit? Anyone else maybe to bring in?

Yes, Chryst had several 10 win seasons.

Name the non-conference foe that Bucky played as an underdog during those years.

During Chryst's big seasons the B1G East and MI were horrible. Other B1G teams were bad.

3 Non-conference wins and 6-7 conference wins against horrible teams is 9-10 wins. The numbers look great until you peel the onion.

We may never be better than 6-8 wins again. But something was off. Somebody mentioned that at Halftime against IL, Chryst told his players to draw a line in the sand. We'll they played like the 60 pound weakling needing Charles Atlas supplements while IL kicked sand in their face.

Chryst is a good man. He just wasn't working out as the Badgers coach. He's getting $11,000,000.00. He'll be fine
And the conference was arguably worse during Bret’s days in Madison also. PSU was on probation from from the Sandusky mess, OSU same with Tattoo gate.

Just for perspective Bielema conference record was very average, 2 years with 5 wins, 1 with 3 win, 1 with 4 wins. And I can remember more than a couple of games that his teams looked like G5 teams at best. Remember the Cal Poly game in Madison that they won in OT because the Cal kicker missed a chip shot FG that would have won it, 2007 while ranked 5th lose to Illinois.

My point is what is a reasonable ceiling for this program. Probably 2017 when they came within 50 yds of getting to the CFP, beat Miami in the Orange bowl and ranked 6th. Can they get there again? I would not bet the ranch on it for multiple reasons

So if Leonard gets the HC job who would be a guy he should bring in to run the offense? I have seen some say bring back Bevell to be the OC. Would he be a fit? Anyone else maybe to bring in?
Depends what his offensive philosophy is which is anyone’s guess. Honestly don’t have a clue and much will depend on who might become available after the season.

What do you do if he does not get to a bowl game can you still justify giving him the job?
It’s the “Wisconsin Way”. And if you don’t think The Emperor has any clout in this you’re mistaken. The university was not letting him walk He was offered the GB DC job and turned it down. Notre Dame made a big run at him last year for that DC job. The only way you don’t lose him is to hand him the job. Now if he goes 1-6 / 0-7 yeah you have some explaining to do

It's Leonhard's job unless they totally tank the rest of the season, and he shows he has no organizational skills. Rest assured, all the players and coaches will be doing new auditions for their future. Some to showcase for other schools, some to try to save their jobs and positions on the team.

I believe that there will be new offensive and defensive coordinators, not promoted from within, and Engram, even though short term, will be gone. I see them looking to open up the offense, but still feature the run as well. It's going to take a QB and WRs, who can stretch the field. It could be a very busy transfer portal in and out, after the season ends.

But, when the smoke clears, Jim is the HC, and next year they'll get 7 to 10 wins. It all kind of depends on what they get through the portal, and who they bring in to play key positions.

It's Leonhard's job unless they totally tank the rest of the season, and he shows he has no organizational skills. Rest assured, all the players and coaches will be doing new auditions for their future. Some to showcase for other schools, some to try to save their jobs and positions on the team.

I believe that there will be new offensive and defensive coordinators, not promoted from within, and Engram, even though short term, will be gone. I see them looking to open up the offense, but still feature the run as well. It's going to take a QB and WRs, who can stretch the field. It could be a very busy transfer portal in and out, after the season ends.

But, when the smoke clears, Jim is the HC, and next year they'll get 7 to 10 wins. It all kind of depends on what they get through the portal, and who they bring in to play key positions.
I agree with this except for opening up the offense. Purdue, Nebraska both got away from their identity and it’s not been successful. Wisconsin will forever be challenged to bring in WR and QB’s to run a more uptempo system. Sure they might throw it more but even under Russ it was never wide open.

I agree with this except for opening up the offense. Purdue, Nebraska both got away from their identity and it’s not been successful. Wisconsin will forever be challenged to bring in WR and QB’s to run a more uptempo system. Sure they might throw it more but even under Russ it was never wide open.
give up the run go with a OC that runs the air raid system!

Back