New From TT SoundOff: Do the Packers have enough at Wide Receiver?

C'mon. The thing that sets ARod apart is how calm he IS under pressure. You have heard the analysts laud his cool demeanor for YEARS. Everyone from Jimmy Johnson to Kurt Warner to Troy Aikman. They all have commented on how the game has slowed down for Aaron, how fast he is at making reads, how 'in control' he usually is. Yes, he had ONE down year. I'll agree. His one down year is better than most QBs best year. There is NOT a history of yips. Here's to hoping that the one down year is an aberration like some of our posters have mentioned about the offense.

Maybe not yips but he has never been one to stand in the pocket and let routes develop. He's always been quick to bail and move around outside. What analysts note is that he always looks downfield to make a play and not at the rush. This year he seemed to be looking at the rush more IMO. Because the WR weren't getting open on his scrambles or because the knee limited his mobility I don't know but he was a little different and more off than normal.

Maybe not yips but he has never been one to stand in the pocket and let routes develop. He's always been quick to bail and move around outside. What analysts note is that he always looks downfield to make a play and not at the rush. This year he seemed to be looking at the rush more IMO. Because the WR weren't getting open on his scrambles or because the knee limited his mobility I don't know but he was a little different and more off than normal.
Agree, this year was different. One year does not make a trend. You get hit enough you start watching the rushers not the WRs.

Back