New From TT SoundOff: Do the Packers have enough at Wide Receiver?

Rodgers performance was a direct link to the OL. The sack totals past week 8 were staggering. In the past the book on Rodgers is pressure rattles him. Showed last half of the year

interesting.

in 2012, rodgers was sacked 51 times (the most in his career) he had a passer rating of 108.0, threw for 4,295 yards with 39 td passes vs 8 ints.

in 2009, when rodgers was sacked 50 times (the second most in his career) he had a passer rating of 103.2, threw for 4,434 yards with 30 td passes vs 7 ints.

i guess he wasn't feeling the pressure.

interesting.

in 2012, rodgers was sacked 51 times (the most in his career) he had a passer rating of 108.0, threw for 4,295 yards with 39 td passes vs 8 ints.

in 2009, when rodgers was sacked 50 times (the second most in his career) he had a passer rating of 103.2, threw for 4,434 yards with 30 td passes vs 7 ints.

i guess he wasn't feeling the pressure.
Pretty easy to watch the games this year how he rushed throws and was running for his life back there.

His mechanics were a little off too. Watch the footwork, it was affecting his accuracy on deep and intermediate throws IMO. Not sure if it was the knee or if he wasn't comfortable moving and setting his feet that extra beat in the pocket before bailing.

Pretty easy to watch the games this year how he rushed throws and was running for his life back there.

what does that have to do with your statement that "In the past the book on Rodgers is pressure rattles him."? because i do not see any evidence of that "in the past".

what i see is that rodgers had one bad year. and i believe that most of that was due to the nelson injury and the fact that his remaining receivers let him down big time.

what does that have to do with your statement that "In the past the book on Rodgers is pressure rattles him."? because i do not see any evidence of that "in the past".

what i see is that rodgers had one bad year. and i believe that most of that was due to the nelson injury and the fact that his remaining receivers let him down big time.
When he is under pressure he tends to get erratic. Add to that a WR group who was inconsistent at best and he forced more than a few throws. In 2010 he had a much more talented group of WR. They got open. They got separation.

When he is under pressure he tends to get erratic. Add to that a WR group who was inconsistent at best and he forced more than a few throws. In 2010 he had a much more talented group of WR. They got open. They got separation.

i wasn't talking about 2010. he was only sacked 31 times in 2010. all i'm saying is that there is zero history of rodgers being erratic when under pressure. none. he has never been erratic period - until 2015. there was a lot of speculation in the press about him now being able to plant his feet properly due to the knee bothering him. there was also some speculation about his shoulder after he was slammed into the turf early in the season. i think those are much more likely explanations than "he gets the yips under pressure". he has never displayed that tendency before.

i wasn't talking about 2010. he was only sacked 31 times in 2010. all i'm saying is that there is zero history of rodgers being erratic when under pressure. none. he has never been erratic period - until 2015. there was a lot of speculation in the press about him now being able to plant his feet properly due to the knee bothering him. there was also some speculation about his shoulder after he was slammed into the turf early in the season. i think those are much more likely explanations than "he gets the yips under pressure". he has never displayed that tendency before.
Lot of speculation about his injuries. I get that and it contributed to his mechanics. Right or wrong. But when I watched him over the years he tends to get the yips when he does not feel comfortable. We can agree to disagree.

Rodgers has typically been one of the better QBs at extending a play and making a throw while being forced out of the pocket. This year he was contained to the pocket more and pressured harder. I tend to agree with realitybytes on this. Rodgers has had a game here or there where he was off but this year he was off more than on. Not sure if it was yips, mechanics or just a bad year.

Lot of speculation about his injuries. I get that and it contributed to his mechanics. Right or wrong. But when I watched him over the years he tends to get the yips when he does not feel comfortable. We can agree to disagree.
C'mon. The thing that sets ARod apart is how calm he IS under pressure. You have heard the analysts laud his cool demeanor for YEARS. Everyone from Jimmy Johnson to Kurt Warner to Troy Aikman. They all have commented on how the game has slowed down for Aaron, how fast he is at making reads, how 'in control' he usually is. Yes, he had ONE down year. I'll agree. His one down year is better than most QBs best year. There is NOT a history of yips. Here's to hoping that the one down year is an aberration like some of our posters have mentioned about the offense.

pack, if it was that simple to rattle rodgers and make him ineffective, he would not have had six consecutive seasons of 100+ qb ratings. in my observation rodgers has always been unflappable. in the past, when defenses poured on the pressure rodgers was able to rely on his incredibly quick release to make them pay. this year, his receivers let him down by not catching catchable balls and not being where they were supposed to be. cobb and adams were not anything at all like we expected them to be. cobb was way overpaid in my opinion. he did not deserve anything approaching #1 receiver money. for him to be paid more than jordy was a travesty.

Back