Mark's Best Available Defensive Coordinators list

It's probably going to be someone that nobody has on their radar, who has some innovative ideas on how to disguise coverages, and disrupt reads of QBs. There are guys out there, they just need to be tapped on the shoulder.

Kris Richard might be top of my list. He’s got something to prove, and I think he’s in line with ML’s culture.

It's probably going to be someone that nobody has on their radar, who has some innovative ideas on how to disguise coverages, and disrupt reads of QBs. There are guys out there, they just need to be tapped on the shoulder.

I'm sure hoping for that. I trust that ML will get his guy. The guy that fits his culture and has some hunger to him.

3 extra names on the list ~

Johnny Holland - 49ers Run Game Coordinator/OLB Coach Worked for ML best friend Saleh and brings that scheme to GB. A former Packer player that kind of scratches the hometown itch.

Jim Haslett - Titans ILB Coach Another name DC who has a long history in the NFL. Hot/cold hire however he would use the personal as is day 1 with little changes needed.

Mike Caldwell - Buccaneers ILB Coach Another guy who has never called a defense but he brings the Bowles system from Tampa and the Jets with him. Not sure that they'll sniff him but there is talk about it.

If you want to go a young DC who might have fresh ideas then you might want to look at Jerod Mayo who is the Pats LB coach.

If you want a veteran proven DC you might want to look at Marvin Lewis.

Back