Is this McCarthy's Last Year?

Abbs was in there for 6 plays. I don't know if they were runs, passes, or a mix. I do know one thing. He was never a target.

That can happen though. I've seen it happen even with people like Dez Bryant. Most QBs won't throw into coverage that they think could create a turnover. That said, Rodgers has always been one of the best I've ever seen when it came to threading the needle. Favre did it, but he did it because he threw the ball hard. Rodgers has done it with more finesse.

I prefer the way Rodgers has hit these guys with passes. Fewer broken fingers.

I remember the stories about the Packer players and MM getting along so well. I racked that up to the fact that I didn't believe there was a lot of love between Sherman and his locker room because he was also GM (bad mistake in my book). Based on what we've heard, that's history. It does change because coaches constantly push harder to gain maximum effect. Then there's the fact that over the course of a few years working together, two people's paths will cross at least one time or another. That's kind of what I'm seeing here. Even the weekly game evaluations of how you played, and admonishment for just about anything starts to build animosity.

OK! It's kind of like marriage. Half of them end up in divorce. The reason? Some people don't seem to understand totally how it works. It only takes one disagreement in some cases, and it's over. My wife and I have been married over 51 years. We figured it out. Not everyone does. That locker room is about the same, and the players in that locker room outside of the player/coach as individuals are kind of like the player's siblings. They can make or break the relationship between coach and player by one statement. And there we have the Sitton/Lang/Rodgers/McCarthy situation. The perfect storm.

I'm not so certain that Thompson will go if McCarthy goes. After reading a lot of information over the last couple of years, there might be a little bit of a rift developing there. It could be that Thompson's unwillingness to sign free agents who can help the team is a problem for McCarthy (Not saying it is, just guessing it could be.). It could be that McCarthy has become bitter over this fact, and figures it's holding them back from making a run at the Lombardi Trophy. It's hard to determine what's going through their minds. Egos at that level of control, for both men, as well as players, is pretty darned fragile.

But, my guess is you're right. They'd fire both. It's kind of how it's done. The President would be the guy who put "his" people in place to run "his team" the way he wanted it ran. At this point, there's a separation between top management and football operations. In all honesty, I believe that works pretty well. I hope it continues when they do make changes.

I am finally on the 'we need a change bandwagon', but I fear that TT/Murphy won't do it. There always seems to be some excuse/explanation of why things did not work.

I think that why people are feeling this way after only 2 games is because it's feels like a continuation of the 2015 season. It doesn't look like MM has changed anything. Even if they start playing better, I'm not sure it makes much difference to me.

Side note - Rodgers used to play 'with a chip on his shoulder'. He doesn't seem to be playing with any fire or intensity.sh))

Well, if AR doesn't have a chip after this past week, he never will.
I have no doubt he'll play better this week versus the Lions. It's not gonna be hard to beat last weeks performance so that's not really saying much.

Well, if AR doesn't have a chip after this past week, he never will.

That was one of the lead-up questions that led to ARs response in that video I posted in this or the other thread from last week.

Today's quotes weren't any better. Aaron is being uncharacteristically sloppy with his sound bites lately.

That was one of the lead-up questions that led to ARs response in that video I posted in this or the other thread from last week.

Today's quotes weren't any better. Aaron is being uncharacteristically sloppy with his sound bites lately.

Can you describe the quotes Crease? I haven't been able to run them down. Is he sounding annoyed, frazzled, etc?

Everything said by the Packers organization is to keep the seats full, not give us valuable information. McCarthy seems to believe that if he mentions he's pleased with a guy's play on the field it inspires them. It probably could if he didn't end up benching them when it's game day!

To sum it up, believe nothing of what they say. Believe what you see, on the field. That's the truth.

A wise man once said, "Actions speak louder than words". It's true in life, and it's true in football. What people say has little meaning compared to what they do.

Can you describe the quotes Crease? I haven't been able to run them down. Is he sounding annoyed, frazzled, etc?

The one I'm referencing I heard Wilde talk about on the radio.

There is a drill that they do where the football is dunked in a water bucket and then snapped to the QB who passes it.

Aaron made his displeasure with the drill readily apparent, but went too far with it all by saying did the drill "as a favor to the coaching staff " <-- actual quote

Now I dont have a problem with saying g that you don't like a drill, or even calling it stupid, but what he said makes him sound like an entitled a-hole who's out of touch with his team.

My main point in bringing it up was that it's just another thing that he usually doesn't let show through via the media.

Wilde nailed him pretty good in the post game presser, though.

The one I'm referencing I heard Wilde talk about on the radio.

There is a drill that they do where the football is dunked in a water bucket and then snapped to the QB who passes it.

Aaron made his displeasure with the drill readily apparent, but went too far with it all by saying did the drill "as a favor to the coaching staff " <-- actual quote

Now I dont have a problem with saying g that you don't like a drill, or even calling it stupid, but what he said makes him sound like an entitled a-hole who's out of touch with his team.

My main point in bringing it up was that it's just another thing that he usually doesn't let show through via the media.

Wilde nailed him pretty good in the post game presser, though.

Thanks Crease. I read an article along those lines and it came off as you said. I was surprised he said anything like that but then again, last week was a weird week.

Back