Is there really such a thing as QB battle in 2016 Badgers spring camp?

The quality of the WR recuits has been down it seems since BA quit coaching. Considering how much of a run first reputation UW had, BA managed to get - Chambers, Evans, Hayes, DeRamus, Simmons, Williams, etc.

After that it seemed like BB and GA ended up with lesser talents, and the walk-on type guys made the biggest contributions - like Swan, Abby and Erickson. I'd sure like to see more top-level talent at the position. Maybe Wheelright and Peavy break out this year and move the needle so some higher rated recruits will look harder at UW.

Also, just to clarify, I'm not down on Hornibrook. He may still pass Houston, it's just that Houston has seen more time at the position and has a little better feel right now for the speed of the game. My main concern with starting Hornibrook this year is that with this tough schedule you might hurt his confidence. Let Houston take his lumps as a senior. Hornibrook, if he's the real deal, will still have 3 years to show his stuff. Plus, Chryst tells his QBs that spring ball is the time to experiment. Try to make the tough throws. Let's see what you can and can't do. Come fall camp and during the season the things you shouldn't try are now known and the coaches work to keep the QB within his comfort zone.

Back