is Kalos Danby a fit in GB

I think the longer he is on the market, the more likely it is that he ends up a Packer. Wasn't that the pattern with both Woodson and Peppers?

I think the longer he is on the market, the more likely it is that he ends up a Packer. Wasn't that the pattern with both Woodson and Peppers?
Yes and no. Woodson wanted to play cb. GB was only team to give him that option. As to Peppers he wanted to play LB. Much the same.

Woodson had interest from TB but they wanted him to be a safety. GB offered to let him play CB which he wanted to do. Peppers had offers to be a DE but he wanted to try LB which the Packers offered. Packers got those two guys by paying a lot of money and dangling a carrot that they wanted in front of them.

For both Woodson and Peppers, they waited a long time during free agency to try to find the situation that they wanted. Dansby seems to be similar to me in that he is an established veteran and a long-time star at his position.

To imitate the most interesting man in the world, "I don't always sign free agents, but when I do, it is a high-profile veteran near the end of his career whose market didn't materialize like he had hoped."

Only way I go 2 years is with a team option for year 2. He 35 in November. Tops year 1 is $1.5m I'll guarantee that but even then it's a risk. Are we that desperate to sign someone?
IMO, yes we should be that desperate to sign an ILB. To me it is a clear area of weakness on the team. Quite possibly the biggest area of weakness. I'm not sold that Dansby is a upgrade but I believe he could potentially be one and at a couple million per year I am more than willing to make that gamble.

Only way I go 2 years is with a team option for year 2. He 35 in November. Tops year 1 is $1.5m I'll guarantee that but even then it's a risk. Are we that desperate to sign someone?

Dansby's problem is he is no spring chicken so I don't know if Ted will even consider bringing him in.

Looks like he signed with the Bengals. That's disappointing to me. I think he would have been a good fit. Curious to see the terms.

They spent a little on Cook which is good, but really don't have a ton of wiggle room with the cap. Lots of roster questions next year and they'll need all the cap carryover they can get. I also think Dansby would be worth a shot but don't blame the team at this point.

I was hoping we would take a shot at Dansby, but after Cook it doesn't shock me. Is there anyone else out there that could be a decent rotation player at ILB, and solid vet?

Looks like he signed with the Bengals. That's disappointing to me. I think he would have been a good fit. Curious to see the terms.

I expected him to sign there. They had a need for LB plus he was playing for Cleveland so he does not need to move family far if at all.

Back