is Kalos Danby a fit in GB

I would like to see him brought in, at least for a tryout and interview. A reasonable 1 year deal with a 2nd year option would be good. He played good last year and was ranked 3rd best ILB in coverage. Then draft another who could take a year getting up to speed and maybe learn from Dansby. I also would leave Matthews right in the middle where he was. I really think we get more production from Clay playing him in the middle and moving him around. Matthews and Dansby together in the middle would be a huge improvement.

Simple answer no unless he's at minimum. Was ok vs pass but weak vs run. Will be 35 in November.

I'm all for bringing him in. He was #3 LB against the pass last year. That is better than OK. He wasn't great against the run but Cleveland as a team was awful. I am by no means saying he is the answer to all the ILB problems but he would help immediately. The Packers should still look to improve the position in the draft but like packinatl said if they can get him at or near vet minimum he should be in Green and Gold next year.

I'm all for bringing him in. He was #3 LB against the pass last year. That is better than OK. He wasn't great against the run but Cleveland as a team was awful. I am by no means saying he is the answer to all the ILB problems but he would help immediately. The Packers should still look to improve the position in the draft but like packinatl said if they can get him at or near vet minimum he should be in Green and Gold next year.

My guess he won't be willing to take a vet min deal about $1 million. I think he would want a 2 year deal that would pay him at least 2-3 million a year with a couple million guaranteed.

Would you still sign him to a similar to Starks? 2 years 6 million and give him a couple million guaranteed?

My guess he won't be willing to take a vet min deal about $1 million. I think he would want a 2 year deal that would pay him at least 2-3 million a year with a couple million guaranteed.

Would you still sign him to a similar to Starks? 2 years 6 million and give him a couple million guaranteed?

I'd have to consider it. ILB pass coverage has been the Achilles heel of the defense for a long time. It isn't going to get better by wishing alone. He isn't great in run coverage but as a stop gap even a Starks type deal wouldn't break the bank.

If he can be had for 2 years at around 3 million or less, it is such a small risk that it doesn't matter if he is not a great fit.

If he can be had for 2 years at around 3 million or less, it is such a small risk that it doesn't matter if he is not a great fit.
Only way I go 2 years is with a team option for year 2. He 35 in November. Tops year 1 is $1.5m I'll guarantee that but even then it's a risk. Are we that desperate to sign someone?

Back